Friday, June 12, 2009

Turtle Shell: It's not just the turtle's house anymore

Operation "Summer Projects" has begun. I got really smart this summer, too, and arranged to have every Friday off throughout the summer, so I actually have time for summer projects. Last summer, I meant well, however, my long list of "to-dos" was a sad, sad list at the end of the summer. Nothing got done. Nothing was checked off. Lesson learned.

Summer Project: Paint Spare Room began last evening. Check out the before:


Nothing to look at, I know. It's been a great storage room for two years. Since my dear friend, Leslie, recently bought a house, Ghetto Barbie's storage has found a new home as well. Thus, storage room becomes "scrapbooking" room. So excited. I went and bought myself a little Turtle Shell green paint, gave the existing boring white a fresh coat, and VOILA! After a lovely day spent painting, and a great addition from my dear friend, Melinda, Summer Project: Paint Spare Room can be checked off the list! Yea!


Isn't it DARLING! I love it! Next up, is cute curtains and wall decor. Kid in a candy store. That's how excited I am.

Note: The little blue hutch at the bottom of the picture? That's Summer Project: Paint Blue Hutch.

5 comments:

  1. I figured since you were commenting on my blog you must be updating yours!! Nice job on the room neighbor!! We will have to figure out a schedule for 'our' kids to play!! What is your schedule next door? I'm sure we will be seeing alot of each other....can't wait to see what the next project is!! Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great color!! I like it! I want to see a post after every completed project...vicarious decorating thrills, you know... :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooo I love that color, it's kinda snapsistery:) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at you go! Looks great (the blog and the room!) Hope you're having a wonderful summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute green....can you fit us all in there for an overnight crop night?

    ReplyDelete