Team Emily arrived in paradise on Friday evening around 6:00; psyched for 48 hours of sheer bliss and relaxation. The first evening consisted of pizza, pazookie (the staple for EVERY friendly get-together, and an eye opening game of Loaded Questions. I say eye opening, because we all discovered things about each other we never knew. Friendships were tested. Marriages were on the verge of crumbling. It was intense, people. It's amazing how a simple question like, "If you could star in any movie ever made, what would it be?" can tear people apart.
Saturday was a new day, however, and all hard feelings were forgotten. In the spirit of football season, allow me to give you a play by play of my day.
8:44 am: Wake up. Check what time it is. Say a silent prayer thanking the good Lord for finally giving me a day to sleep in, and then go back to sleep. Life is good.
9:52 am: Cell phone rings and wakes me up. I'm annoyed at this interruption as I was dreaming about living in the Big Brother house. I had made it to the finals. Now I'll never know whether or not I won. Bitter. Very bitter.
10:07 am: Get out of bed. Walk into kitchen. Realize no one else is awake.
10:08 am: Get back in bed.
10:11 am: Get back out of bed. Go lay on couch. Covet the beach theme decor.
10:15 am: Read the first four pages in my Patricia Cornwell novel.
10:18 am: Chat with my friend, Leslie.
10:36 am: Pre-heat the oven for breakfast. Or brunch. Maybe afternoon snack. We'll see how the spirit moves me.
11:06 am: Begin a riveting game of Scrabble with Ryan.
11:18 am: Frustration begins to boil over as Ryan continues to ask how to spell nonexisting words.
11:30 am: Enjoy an amazing meal of baked french toast and egg bake. Still playing Scrabble.
11:48 am: Swoop in with the word "Sexy" and award myself 42 points. Ryan asks if I went to the state finals in Scrabble.
11:54 am: Ryan swoops in with "Craze" and takes the lead. Again, very bitter.
12:12 pm: Ryan wins Scrabble. I pout.
12:19 pm: Begin a game of UNO with Ryan, Leslie and Jessie. I need to grow another hand to hold all of the cards I'm needing to draw.
12:27 pm: I quit UNO and go take a shower. I refuse to lose twice.
***No recollection of what happened between shower time and 2:17 pm.***
2:17 pm: Drive to the store to pick up salsa. Stop for a coffee. Get the jolt I need to continue doing a whole lotta nothin'.
3:02 pm: Begin making lasagna for dinner. Realize how blessed I was growing up with homemade meals on the table every night.
3:51-5:41 pm: Lay on the couch. Enjoy girl talk. Girl talk stops when the boys return from golfing.
6:17 pm: Preheat the oven for lasagna.
6:18 pm: Begin updating blog.
Life is rough, friends. I may need to head to bed early after my intense day of doing absolutely nothing. I'm exhausted.
Until tomorrow...
I don't know...after reading this, I hate my life...who wouldn't after hearing about yours...
ReplyDeleteNote to self: find friends to bid on condo at fundraising auction...
What a fun weekend! Great friends, great food, sleeping in.... AWESOME!!! Glad you had a nice get-away!!
ReplyDelete