Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Tuesday Tidbits

Ghetto Barbie is finally caught up on sleep. After my middle of the night escapade last week Tuesday, it's refreshing to know that it only takes me a week to catch up on sleep. We're not in college anymore, barbie girl.

It's mid-winter break this week, so while the girls basketball team is dominating the state tournament, I will be doing what I do best: sleeping in, cleaning, and getting pampered. Me and a massage are like peanut butter and jelly. We go hand in hand.

Thursday has been deemed as "Operation: Paint the main living space in my condo" Day. I'm getting in touch with my wild side and painting everything a crazy shade of....beige. Whoa.

It's blue and white day at school again today. I know, I know. We have blue and white day about as much as it rains here in the Pacific Northwest, but what are ya going to do. We have school spirit. And lots of it. What? There's a choir concert at the high school tonight? Blue and white day! Oh, there's an elementary chess tournament after school tomorrow? Blue and white day! We got a new shipment of contruction paper? Blue and white day! It doesn't take much, people. Any excuse to wear blue jeans, we're taking it!

Aren't we cute in our new matching hoodies. Because I don't have ANY hoodies at home. Sheesh.

In other news that is completely facticious and irrelevant-

1. The Bachelor is stupid. He picked the wrong girl. I was literally cringing everytime she came on the screen. I do not support this relationship. And when Jake calls me and asks for my opinion, I will tell him that he does not have my blessing.

2. Dancing with the Stars, or as I like to call it, Dancing with People Who Were Once in the News, will be back on at the end of March. And guess what over-publicized mother of eight will be dancing this season? None other than Kate Gosselin, herself. Bleh. Someone needs to spend a LOT less time in the Hollywood spotlight, and a LOT more time at home being a mother. My heart breaks for her children.

Back to reality...

Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. I agree...bachelor really let me down....! Also I think my kid could have been the only one not wearing blue and white..I think it was purple and white..oops...yup I am officially one of those moms...guess it was better than pink camo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate Gosselin??? I hope she gets voted off the island or whatever!! That woman makes me want to...well, never mind...

    I'm sure that it took you a week to recover because you had Mr. Strep Throat at your house...You're way too young to need that much time...I, on the other hand, need a week to recover from a midnight bedtime.

    This rarely happens because most of the time, wherever I am, I am asleep at 9pm.

    Getting old sucks...unless you have a heated mattress pad.

    ReplyDelete