Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Home Bearable Home

Ahhhhhh.....Lynden weather. How I have missed you. How I have coveted thy home's weather while visiting the Midwestern desert that is Iowa. It's nice to walk outside and be able to breathe again. It's the little things, people. Like breathing. And not finding it necessary to reapply deodorant every hour on the hour. Did I put deodorant on today??? Hmmmm....yep. We're good to go.

So Iowa was hot. But what's new. If it's not 95 degrees in the shade with 77% humidity, it's a snowstorm on steroids and 17 degrees with 23% visibility. I get both extremes. Lucky me.

I'm back to work today. And by work, I mean playing 13 games of Sorry, reading books, and spending the afternoon lounging by the pool while the summer cherubs swim their little hearts out. Don't be hatin', y'all.

On the agenda for this week:

1. Unpack. Ugh. The clothes have found their way from my suitcase to my bed. Mostly as a wrinkle preventative. This only means one thing: I will need to hang up clothes before I can go to bed. Or simply move them to another location. Like the floor. Or the top of my dresser. There are many options, really. And I must buy more hangers. Note to self.

2. Buy groceries. I have no food in the house. This could be a good thing, however. All that delicious Iowa food and very little "Eat less, move more" on my part. Maybe I'll hold off on groceries until next week. Or September. Decisions...decisions...

3. Start the "Back to School" regimen in my classroom. Our school is celebrating 100 blissful years of education this year, and as a result, there is a HUGE birthday party at the end of July. This means alumni will be visiting. And those alumni will be touring the campus. And it is just plain TACKY to have desks piled on top of each other and naked walls in the classrooms during those tours. Therefore, each classroom needs a much needed facelift before any tour of any kind can commence. Cue the arrangement of desks, the hanging of bulletin boards, and the excitement of getting it done now and having extra time in August to play around. Preferably at the bay. You all know how I feel about the bay.

4. Catch up on Big Brother episodes missed while I was frolicking in the cornfields of Iowa. There is nothing better than watching a bunch of hot messes coexist in one house, removed entirely from the outside world. Oh, the drama! It warms my heart.

5. Continue to sit and pout until my youngest brother comes to the realization that his beautiful, responsible older sister, who never forgets ANY celebration of ANY kind, celebrated a birthday last week Saturday. How are those bus tires feeling, buddy??? Sorry. It's my blog and I'll throw you under the bus if I want to. And I love you. Hugs and kisses!

Time to get back to arranging desks...

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment