Sunday, December 22, 2013

Holiday Travel 2013: The Shortest Story

This year's holiday travel was set to commence at 2:40. No early morning flight this year.

I slept in, took a shower, curled my hair, and finished packing.

My bestie brought me to SeaTac International Airport.

I had already checked in online, so I merely had to approach the kiosk and print the luggage tag for my checked luggage.

Done and Done.

 

After chowing down on a Southwest Chicken Salad from McDonald's, we were free to begin boarding. Then it was up, smooth sailing, and back down. All in 2 hours and 16 minutes.


And then....DENVER. Oh, Denver. How I've come to loath you. "Loathing, unadulterated loathing, for your planes, your waits, your boarding...let's just say, I loath it all!"


But there was nothing to loathe this year. For the angels were singing and planes were boarding. ON TIME. Well, the plane left the gate on time. Then it was time for de-icer. Lord, have mercy. Talk about being held hostage on an airplane.

***Fast Forward through 45 minutes during which I kept waiting for the wretched "Ladies and Gentleman, we apologize for the inconvenience, however, while being de-iced, it came to our attention that we are missing the left phalange. We'll be heading back to the gate to have this fictional problem fixed immediately. We hope to have you back up in the friendly skies by Tuesday."

But the announcement never came. And we were back up in the friendly skies by 9:30 p.m.

And then, there he was. In all his statue glory. Mr. Joe Foss himself.


 
Now, I feel that it's fair to share with you that I don't have any idea who Joe Foss actually was. But the Sioux Falls Regional Airport clearly holds him in high regard as they've named their airfield after him. I'm sure he's no Ron Burgundy, but he's still a big deal.
 
My apologies to everyone who placed high bets on my holiday travel this year. I'm sure that money will find it's way back to you again someday soon. Remember, I still have a return flight. Shudder.
 
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!
 
xoxo
E

No comments:

Post a Comment