Wednesday, February 12, 2014

The good, the bad, and the ugly

The Good:

In case you haven't heard, the Seattle Seahawks won the Super Bowl. Yes, the bowl of all bowls. The bowl that is super. It's kind of a big deal here in the Pacific Northwest.


The Friday before the game, well, every Friday throughout the playoffs for that matter, was designated "Blue Friday." Because we need an excuse to wear all blue and green on Fridays. A friend of mine who works at a bank was more excited about her God-given right to wear jeans and a Seahawks jersey to work on Friday than she was about the actual Super Bowl. Some people. (Shaking my head emoticon)

Having been a Washingtonian for nearly 9 years now, I have submerged myself into the madness that is Seahawk Fever. I have become the 12th wo-man. I'm loud, I'm proud, and let's face it, I look good in blue and green. It's my duty, really.

The littles and I had a good time on the Friday that was a sea of blue.

 
We attempted to make a "12". The slide wasn't quite high enough, but I'm sure any and all birds flying overhead were beyond impressed. 



My favorite picture of the day had no littles. Instead, it's my gal-pal, Renee, a die hard Broncos fan and me walking down the hallway.


Poor Renee. The Broncos playing the Seahawks in the Super Bowl is the perfect storm for her. She planned to lock herself in her bedroom during the game, away from any and all people who may judge her behavior.

Turns out, there was no need to lock herself away, because the game was the opposite of a nail biter. My blood pressure was higher at 9:00 in the morning than it was at game time. By the end of the third quarter, the superstitious boys in "TV Room Numero Dos" didn't pitch a fit when I got cozy on the couch. They had unsympathetically kicked me back into the "Primary Viewing Area" after halftime, because, hey, wherever people were during the first half, that's where people need to be during the second half! Ridiculous. But I guess "It's only weird if it doesn't work." Dang Bud Light. It's ruining my life.

Our "sign guy" at church let his sense of humor come through prior to the bowl that was super -


Best. Sign. Ever. Creativity at its finest.


The Bad:

My hairstylist and one of my bestest girls is having a baby in four weeks. Then she's going to be a mommy and not be back at work until May. MAY. This is bad news bears for my brown locks. And you would think I would have thought this through and planned a little better. I mean, I had nine months, for cryin' out loud. But no. I went in yesterday for a trim and a face lift...er...a wax, and was BLINDSIDED by the fact that she was taking a maternity leave. I guess I just expected her to take Lil' Miss to the salon everyday. It's going to be a long dry spell.

The Ugly:

The Olympics are back!

I'm not going to lie, I'm having a hard time getting into this round of downhill skiing, ice dancing, and snow boarding. Maybe it's because the games aren't in my backyard up in Vancouver, B.C. like they were four years ago. I mourn the fact that I can't rekindle my torrid love affair with Matt Lauer around an early morning fire and a small sea of Canadian spectators.



Or maybe it's because Ralph Lauren did not realize that the Opening Ceremonies were not synonymous with an ugly sweater party.

 
 Good. Lord.

 
OK, so I guess it's not awful. It's kind of trendy. But it's hardly what I would choose for our athletes to wear when representing our country. I wonder if they'll be available for purchase online after the Olympics? I would totally wear that next December to an ugly sweater party.
 
Off to start the search...
 
xoxo
E


No comments:

Post a Comment