Sunday, April 5, 2009

Got spring?

We do! It was so beautiful here in the Pacific Northwest today. I think we may have topped out at about 75 degrees. Bring on the tan! Sorry to all you Northwest Iowa folks. Bring on the shovels!

I made a new Lynden discovery today. There is a field off E. Grover abundant with daffodils. And, they're free! Like my friend Melinda says, "Why plant them when we can just come here!" So true. So Dutch. I was so excited after the first visit, I called some friends to go. This time I remembered my camera. I thought maybe Erin could make this a spring tradition with her daughter Taya, however, Taya really couldn't see what all the hype was about. She was entertained for approximately 7.23 minutes. Maybe next year.










And as soon as Auntie Leslie gets Taya...we have tears. Ha!

4 comments:

  1. When my guys were little and cute like Taya I took them to the field too. Now, not so much! They aren't cute, little or willing.

    Max was mortified to be recognized as the 'vintage lucky charms kid' at the mall. I'm okay with it as he does many things that mortify me, the mama.

    Have a good break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i call dibs on holding her first next year...that way she can have her little "i'm done" meltdown when someone ELSE is holding her! good thing she's cute :-) heeheehee
    leslie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check my blog, to see your first trip. Too cute!
    Love the new look, Barbie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute..I am dutch-now where is that field?

    ReplyDelete