We divide our cherubs into thirds, allowing us to teach different kids during this unit. The cherubs LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this unit. Especially the little boys. There's something about bows and arrows and hunting buffalo that is appealing for boys, I guess. The poor playground teachers, though. Putting out fires left and right. It's not easy to get 30 second grade boys to stop hunting buffalo at recess. Especially when they're using 30 little first grade boys as their horses.
Anyhoo, at the end of our unit, each tribe within our individual classrooms assembles a tribal village, including a home for each cherub and a Native American doll made of out a clothespin.
The best thing about our tribal councils? No one gets voted out. No torches are extinguised. There are no reward challenges. Immunity? Sorry Jeff Probst, the tribe has spoken.
I loved this unit too! I think you had Taiji in your section, didn't ya? Cute as ever!!
ReplyDeletemaybe you can snatch up one of those little indians so i'm off the hook on making MY LAST ONE, next year! :)
ReplyDeleteoh joy.