Friday, May 8, 2009

Friday Thoughts

1. Is it just me or are the weeks going faster??? Does anyone else ever feel like they're drowning in a sea of lists and "to-dos"? Only 3 1/2 weeks of school left. Can. Not. Believe. It. Every year I say "This year has flown by!" but this year it really got away from me. Although, I am a fourth year teacher now, therefore I'm practically a veteran. Prep time is cut in two, allowing more time for those special "projects" in the classroom. You know, the ones that sound SO great until you get started and realize what a major undertaking it is and you find yourself asking, "What was I thinking!" Yeah, that's where I'm at now.

2. I have been completely sucked into American Idol this season. I love it. Can't get enough of it. I can, however, get enough of Adam Lambert, and I have HAD enough. The constant KISS screaming that he insists on throwing into every song? Please. Enough already. I'm anxiously awaiting Praise and Worship week. It will be interesting to see what he does with "Awesome God" or "Mighty to Save". Anyone a Danny Gokey fan? You should be. He is amazing. Call 1-800-I-LOVE-JESUS to vote for him.

3. I'm planting flowers tomorrow. I'm growing up, friends! Getting in touch with my green thumb. I don't know a thing about flowers tough. It's quite the conversation at the horticulture center:

"Do you know what you want, Emily?"

"Ummmm, yeah....I'll take some red flowers and maybe some yellow ones, and, oh, these here are nice. What's that? Those are weeds you say? OK then, skip those..."


Yeah. I'm excited, though! Auntie is coming along. Should be fun. She knows her stuff.

Have a fabulous weekend! Tomorrow it's Bible Study, flower planting, and a bridal shower! Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment