The countdown is official. 2 1/2 days of school left. To commemorate the occasion, here are some deep thoughts from my second grade cherubs. They are so wise.
"Miss K, I put my name on BOTH sides of my paper, so you don't freak out!"
"You did NOT ride a squid. If you rode a squid, you would not be here telling this story."
"I can't move with all of these growing pains!"
"Dear God, Thank you for this day. Please help my baseball practice after school not to be, like, long...and hurtful."
"I have a sport drink today Miss K, so I can play kickball! It has electrolytes. That's like electricity for your body!"
"I doubt that was an accident when there is that much guilt!"
Me: "If you spill your soup on the carpet again, I will not be a happy camper."
Student Observing: "Why are you always camping?"
"I don't think we should take the tour bus, you guys. It's more gas efficient to walk there."
Student A: "Yea! I got Hershey's kisses in my lunch!"
Student B: "Wow! Your mom must really love you!"
"In Heaven, we can work out with Samson!"
"I'm going to tell my mom to stop using so much hairspray, because it's damaging our ozone layer!"
Regarding a baboon's pink bum and it's relation to mating:
"It's because they're so nervous about dating; their bums turn bright pink!"
Hey Em,
ReplyDeleteI think you need to write a book with these they are awesome.
Love ya Heidi
Those are the best. Hope your last day wasn't too much of a cryfest! Call me sometime, ok?
ReplyDeleteChris - aka David's mom
cracking up here!!
ReplyDeletelove the CAMPING one! too cute!
call me. we'll 'hang'.
love u.
me. :)
It's great that you keep track of those funny moments. SUMMER IS HERE take a break.
ReplyDelete