Monday, August 24, 2009

Monday Musings

1. School starts in one week. Yikes! Parents everywhere are counting down the days. I am counting down the final shopping days before schools starts as I have yet to purchase my first day of school outfit. This has potential to be a major conundrum. The First Day of School outfit ranks right up there with Family Picture Outfit and My Friend is Getting Married and I'm not a Bridesmaid but I'm Still Really Important Outfit. I hope I don't lose sleep over this.

2. So Brett Favre signed with the Vikings. Are. You. Kidding. Me. Now being from the midwest, I grew up watching the Vikings and Packers battle it out. Purple and green splattered all over the field. It was beautiful. Huge rivalry. Like the Yankees vs. Confederates. The Montagues vs. The Capulets. We all waited with baited breath for the Vikings/Packers game. This is the ultimate betrayal. Plus, I do not think Brett Farve will look good in purple. Dude, quit when you're ahead. Some people just need to know when to walk away.

3. I read in the news today that Michael Jackson's death has been ruled as a homicide. WHAT?!? When did he die?! I cannot believe this has not been worldly news for the past 2 months!! Oh right, it has. The entire world stood still as we laid America's renowned life-size plastic action figure to rest. My hearts aches for his family, but seriously people, he's just a man. He put his pants on like everyone else. So maybe his pants cost $1500 and were made out of venetian blinds and melted crayons, but still, one leg at a time. Let's move on to real news...

4. Has anyone been checking out the Sunday ads and perusing through the styles for fall? I'm highly anticipating welcoming all the rocker-chic-look-a-like Avril Lavignes on the first day of school. I'm going to look like such a Mrs. Roper dressed in my black dress pants and cute sweater top with a matching scarf. That is so early 2009. I will need to keep this in mind when shopping for musing #1.

5. Word of Advice: If your friend orders a funnel cake during fair week, and procedes to set the plate full of powdered sugar on the dash of your car while buckling her seat belt, be sure to double check that no powdered sugar has spilled over onto the dash and is left behind. If not checked carefully, you stand the chance of getting pulled over and asked about your recent drug habits. "I swear officer. It's powdered sugar from the fair! My friend had a funnel cake!" Don't try using that excuse. Trust me, he's heard it before. Note: I was not pulled over. That was merely a musing of what could have been and was narrowly avoided.

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I know I've told you this before, but your blog is the highlight of my day! Where are the book offers, the appearences on the Conan show, stand-up commedy??? You really have a gift girl!!!! As soon as I see a new post I gather the family around for some chuckles!!!

    Good luck with that outfit!

    Holly:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you won't think I'm shallow when I share this secret, but 'the first day of school outfit' was the reason I became a teacher. I just wasn't ready to give up the school shopping. Later I lived through my guys. Max and I are going school shopping on Thursday. Can't wait, nothing is more fun than that kid in a mall!

    ReplyDelete