Friday, October 2, 2009

Let the little doggies come to me...

I love church signs. I love the creativity that people within the church use in order to get new people to come through their doors.

Some of my favorites include:

"Never give up. Moses was once a basketcase!"

"Try Jesus. If you don't like him, the devil will take you back."

"Walmart is not the only saving place."

"Don't let worries kill you. Let the church help."

"Try our Sundays. They're better than Baskin Robbins."

The other night, I was on my way home from Canada with Auntie and Cousin, when I saw this sign:


Clarification: there is no Fifth Christian Church of Pretend. That comes from the mind of your's truly in order to create visual stimuli for your viewing pleasure. I'd like to give a shout-out to the creators of says-it.com. "Ayo!" Their creativity helped me recreate this rediculous sign since I was unarmed when passing the actual sign. And by unarmed, I mean camera-less. I was not packing heat for all of you confused readers out there.

But let's address the REAL message of this church, shall we friends?! "Bring your pet to receive a blessing"??? Are. You. Kidding. Me. First of all, I'm confused. Do I need to bring my pet in order for me to receive a blessing??? Or is this church offering to bless Fluffy once she is in the building? What if I can't take Fluffy out of the house? What if she's bed-ridden? Lately, she's been extremely nauseous as a result of the new medication she's taking for her ear infection. And to be completely honest, she's a bit of a princess pants, so getting her off her pink velour throne pillow will take a lot of effort on my part. And would it really be worth it having to listen to her meow me out all the way to church? What if she's a sass to the pastor? How embarrassing would that be?! I would never be able to show my face at First Christian Church of Pretend again!

Secondly, I don't have a cat named Fluffy, and I never will. I say never with complete confidence. Cats and I do not get along. Most animals and I don't get along. It's like they can smell fear. There can be 27 people in the room and somehow, someway Puppy Chow will find me. Every. Single. Time.

Anyhoo, the bowwow blessing sign was wonderful blog material if nothing else.

In other news:
1. School is going well. I have great kids who make my job such a blessing. Not a bowwow blessing, just a regular blessing. We reenacted the Battle of Jericho this week. Oh my. There were bricks flying everywhere. Israelites were getting knocked out left and right. Eventually, the walls fell. By then, there were no survivors. Lucky for us, the story has already been written and all ended well. Three cheers for Joshua.

2. It's fall. I love fall. The smells, the baking, the decorating, football season; life is good. The second graders visit Stoney Ridge Farm in two weeks. That place is like Pumpkinland on speed for all you Sioux County folks. It is the equivalent to Disneyland right here in Whatcom County. Added bonus: their caramel apple pie is to die for. Worth the 1,378 calories.

3. It's Homecoming at my alma mater, Northwestern College, this weekend. Normally this wouldn't faze me, but it's my 5th year reunion and I'm a little bummed about missing it. Maybe I should have have stuffed myself into a suitcase and flown Southwest. Bags fly free, you know. Granted, I would be spending money on a chiropractor and possibly a full-body cast, but at least I would be there. No one would recognize me, but still, I'm there. Hind-sight, my friends.

Have a wonderful weekend! Bake a pie! Stuff yourself on Brachs Autumn Mix! Again, worth the calories.

1 comment:

  1. It's officially closed now, but you should check out the archives at the Crummy Church Signs Blog :)
    http://crummychurchsigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete