Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Harold and Swagger played Last Word on Black Friday

1. I didn't get my chair. No worries, though. They didn't have EXACTLY what I was looking for, and I'm one of those EXACTLY kind of people. I know what I want. I will not settle for less. That includes you, pleather chair. So the search continues.

2. It was a birthday weekend. I love getting together with friends to celebrate the day of one's birth. It was a simple gathering. We're not haughty-taughty people. We're Taboo or Guesstures kind of people. This weekend we were Last Word people. A super fun game that always has potential to turn ugly really fast. You know who your true friends are when you argue until you're blue in the face, call each other names, throw games tiles, and are still friends when all is said and done. Here's the birthday boy.


Too bad his wish for group unity and peace among us didn't come true. Sorry, Ryan.

3. Harold continues to be poked and prodded in the classroom. He doesn't seem to mind though. He's a pretty good sport. Plus, I told him that if he doesn't cooperate he runs the risk of losing his other leg. I think that was the clincher.




4. In doggy news, you all remember my chunky-monkey nephew, Swagger, right? If not, here's a reminder.


Seriously. I love him. I just want to squeeze all those rolls. Anyhoo, he's been my brother's shadow ever since his adoption, and it's so cute. Apparently the other day, however, he discovered his independence and chose to inaugurate this newfound independence by swaggering (pun intended) out onto the road and then parking there. Adam proceded to yell at him, similar to a parent screaming at their offspring to GET OFF THE ROAD, and Swagger proceded to lazily turn his head and just gaze lovingly at his caregiver. What a great measure of his intelligence. Swagger. Not my brother.

5. Black Friday is upon us. Let the preparation begin. Balance those checkbooks. Empty the car trunk. Make room in that closet for gifts you think are hidden so well but the children always manage to find. Check back later in the week for a survival guide to Black Friday. I'm not messin' around. This day is not for amateur shoppers. It's a skill that can only be learned by experience.

Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving Em!
    As I was reading #1 I thought you were writing about a husband and then realized it was a chair!
    Go crazy on Black Friday, no boot camp so I am sleeping in... my guys will spend the night at Best Buy though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will post about your Black Friday exploits, right? Because, you know, I am living the Black Friday life vicariously through you...make us proud.

    ReplyDelete