Saturday, November 7, 2009

Weekend Wamblings: Act 2

1. I didn't get my $1 scarf from Old Navy today. Not because they didn't have any. They had plenty of scarves that I wanted, but they were all regular price. The $1 scarves were the FLEECE scarves. Apparently I missed the fine print. Or I'm a victim of false advertising. I'm going with the latter.

2. Hung out with Willa Reye today. Told her more of my secrets.


She told me some of her secrets, too. Like brown isn't her natural hair color, and she hates her carseat with a passion, though, that isn't much of a secret. She cried all the way to the mall today. Once she saw the SALE signs at Nordstrom Rack, however, she turned the tears off and helped me pick out some cute Christmas gifts.

3. My friend Joel and I played a friendly game of MASH tonight. Talk about a blast from the past. It was like junior high sleepovers all over again. Here are my results. Note: answers with a * were NOT my choices. Those were Joel's. He thinks he's so funny.

My Life According to a Piece of Notebook Paper and Random Counting:

My hubby is Hollywood actor, Bradley Cooper. Total hottie.
I wore an Ivory dress at our wedding.
Bradley wore an orange* tux.
I work as an opinion columnist for Elle Magazine.
Bradley works as a Carribean Tourist Hair Braider.*
We have 5 beautiful children. Their hair is always braided.
We drive a Toyota Sequoia.
We live in the Detroit Projects.*
Our pet is a Saber Tooth Tiger.*
We are active in the Reformed Church.
My best friend is the Taco Bell dog.*
My enemy is yeast infections.* (SO NOT MY WORDS!)
The biggest sin I will struggle with is lust. Duh! Have you seen my husband! Hottie! All the sistas in the projects are jealous.
And last but not least, we live in a mansion. In the Detroit Projects. Yeah. That makes sense. I guess there's a lot of money in hair braiding these days.

All in all, not a bad life.

It was a good weekend. It's a good life.

3 comments:

  1. i will miss you when you move to the projects....back to the ghetto...no more golf course for you. BUT you will have a mansion, so guess that can make life in the projects a little better. And if you are moving to detroit, you might what a fleece scarf or two. it's cold over there!
    les

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok girl you have me LAUGHING out LOUD again love you we need to catch up again soon. Kennedy just walked up and said "What is so funny mom?"

    Hope to ttysoon
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. All those stars behind the good answers makes your future look sparkly! Make it happen girlfriend. If you wanna marry a hairbraider, YOU GO FOR IT!*

    ReplyDelete