Friday, March 19, 2010

It's a Mad, Mad March

March Madness, baby.

And it is MAD. NESS.

The madness begins when people fill out one of these:


The bracket. The holy grail of March Madness.

Then the games begin.

We see lots of this:




And then there's lots of this:



And let's not forget about excessive amounts of this:




Preach it, brother! Way to set an example for the millions of children watching; all aspiring to be a coach someday.

All the madness leads up to the final, breath-taking (and usually extremely disappointing in regards to watching two equally teams battle it out) game:


One Shining Moment. Thank you, David Barrett for writing one of the cheesiest songs to ever be played on national television.

At LC, teachers who wish to fill out a bracket, can do so courtesy of CBS Sports.com. We play for absolutely nothing, so it gets REALLY intense. Some people really like that Pride Pedestal, I guess.

The trash talk began already last week. Some people actually scare me during this time of madness. They think that because it's a time of madness, they too, can go abolutely mad. Crazy eyes, furrowed brow...it's frightening.

This year, I'm rooting for these guys:


Don't disappoint me, Kansas. You are the cheese to my macaroni, and I need you to be standing tall at the end of the madness for that one shining moment. That cheesy, shining moment.

See you there.

2 comments:

  1. ok, truth be told. i have NO IDEA what this post is about. is that WRONG, being the mother of 3 boys and all? um. sorry, but i hate sports. gasp. can we still be friends? but i'll go for the same team you are since i like the color of their uniforms. unless of course, the other team is wearing lime green. in that case,i'm sorry, i'm for the other team.
    um really, the cheese in your macaroni?? you told me I WAS that to you.
    whatever.
    happy gambling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why this is your team... I mean their cheerleaders outfits are BOMB!!!
    Mal

    ReplyDelete