Thursday, March 25, 2010

Tim Horton played laser tag with the wedding singer

Ahhhhh....the life of a junior high youth group leader. 'Tis an honor. Let me tell you, we're not in second grade anymore, Toto.

Last night, my fellow leaders and I took the junior high cherubs up to Langley to play Laser Tag. Now I thouroughly enjoy a good game of laser tag, however, running around with 20 junior high boys who are all on one mission, to TAKE DOWN THE LEADERS and anyone in their path, as well as 10 junior high girls all screaming as if being chased by junior high acne, is NOT my idea of a good game of laser tag. Therefore, I sat this one out.


This is Kori. She is ready for action. She will take prisoners. Like this guy:


This is Marcus. Marcus looks like he has been taken prisoner. By a girl. Way to go, Marcus.

Once the soldiers were locked away in the war zone for a solid 40 minutes, some of us leaders took a trip down the road.


Well, helloooooooooooooo, Mr. Horton. I love you. It's always been you. Always Tim Hortons. And I know that many of you just sang the catchy Tim Horton's jingle. As did I, the ENTIRE 30 minutes we were there.


We arrived back at the Planet of Laser in plenty of time to meet the cherubs as they emerged from the war zone. And let me just say, it wasn't pretty. Junior high boys. Sweating profusely. Need I say more? It was about that time that I added a spin on the Tim Horton's jingle and started singing, "Always Old Spice". Lord, have mercy.

This is one of our fearless leaders, Stefan. His wife thought this was HILARIOUS. She probably didn't think it was so hilarious when she was confined to the small space of their car with him on the drive back home. Poor girl.



In other news...
1. I had a physical this morning. At my house. Weird? Maybe. It depends how you look at it. When looking at it from the point of view of sitting in my sweats and t-shirt while getting blood drawn, then it sounds like a good deal. However, if you look at it from a sexual predator's point of view, it's not such a good deal. I watch Criminal Minds. Thanks to the fictional characters at the Behavioral Analyst Unit at Quantico, I like to think I know how criminals think. All I'm saying is that if Mr. or Ms. Physical were to drive up to my condo in a white van, I'm sneaking out the window. I won't be the next headline for writers of Criminal Minds to use. Lucky for me, it was a red car. And the LPN was very nice. And I got to pee in a cup in the privacy of my own bathroom.

2. I have tiny veins. Yep. It's true. Granted, this isn't new news to me, but I'm sure you're all happy to know that about me. When I was in college, some friends and I went to donate plasma. Yes. We were poor. It was either sell plasma or donate unnecessary organs on the black market. Anyway, after filling out ALL the paperwork and FINALLY getting to sit in the chair, the nurse looked at me and said, "This won't work. This big needle will rip your veins to shreds." Kid you not. Those were her exact words. Great. I guess I'll just sit in the waiting room and watch Maury Povich reveal paternity results for an hour while I wait for all of my newly rich friends. These tiny veins are the bane of my existence anytime I need to give blood. And I have to say, I'm a little miffed about the whole thing. Heaven forbid the Good Lord make me tiny anywhere else! I guess He thinks He made up for it by giving me tiny veins. Yeah. That's the same as a small waist.

3. It's spring break in two weeks. Woot Woot!! Some friends and I are making a trip down to Seattle to do some serious shopping. My cousin is getting married next month and I need a dress desperately. Or a skirt. Or really anything that is flattering. If that means I'm wearing a potato sack, so be it. I'll start a new fashion trend. People will say, "Why is the wedding singer wearing a potato sack!?" And other people will say, "I don't know but she looks FABULOUS!" That's right. I'm the wedding singer. Always the wedding singer; never the bride. I think I'll get a shirt made.

Enjoy your Thursday!

3 comments:

  1. LOL again, I was starting to worry that something had happened to our ghetto barbie, so gald things turned out well and no CM episodes were in the making. Do you the "blog readers" would have made the episode???

    Thank you for the update I can now sleep tongiht!!!

    Love ya
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. But... the BEST wedding singer I've ever met! :) Love you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have made my day! Thanks for the good laugh! There will be no angry drive-up girls today! :)

    ReplyDelete