What's a girl gonna do?
Well, as luck would have it, my Bro 1 didn't have to work today. And being the wonderful sibling that he is, he decided to spend his day with me; his beloved older sister. Wise decision, I'd say.
He picked me up around noon(I had to sleep in, of course), I climbed(literally) into his Chevy Silverado on steroids, and we headed to Orange City.
We hung out at our Alma mater:
I wanted to step into a time machine and go back to the good ol' days. With my peeps. And my long hair. I had great hair my senior year. *tear*
Allow me to pause and take a moment to reminisce...
Thank you.
Now, if you look closely at the picture above, you'll notice a little somethin' somethin' perched up on the sign. Take a closer look:
THAT is Harlan the Marlin. He's like Flat Emma. Except he's not flat. And his name is Harlan. He belongs to my blogger buddy, Julie. You can follow all of Harlan's adventures on her hilarious blog here. Make sure you have an extra pair of pants handy. Consider yourself warned.
When we got back to the Valley, we swung by the bachelor pad to visit Swagger.
Lord have mercy. Just look at that face. And those cheeks.
Here's his "My Auntie thinks she can just show up after all these months and act like she never left! I think NOT!" face. Nailed it.
Bro tried to get a picture of me and the beast, but it didn't go well. I'm not posting the "during" pictures. They are not blog appropriate. Eventually, we got this one:
That's all the closer I could get without him violating me. Or get drool all over my clothes. I'm not sure which is worse.
And then it was time for dinner followed by a typical summer night here:
Ahhhhh....Iowa summer nights. Minus the humidity. And the bugs. Neither of which were present.
Day 1 complete.
ahem... I would like to comment on the following statement. "I had great hair my senior year. *tear*" CORRECTION, you HAVE amazing hair NOW. :) Not very many people are lucky enough to be born with those lucious locks...
ReplyDeleteI'm just jealous, Hope you're having fun in Iowa :)
- Lindsay
JEAN SHORTS! Did you or did you not buy JEAN SHORTS?!?
ReplyDeleteWho cares about jean shorts...get a load of those long, lean, tan legs...gorgeous!!!!
ReplyDeleteGlad you're having fun!! Makes me want to take a trip to Iowa too.
Do you feel any pressure to get Marling home safely? i.e. In one piece???