...and I'm a professional.
You all remember the thorn in my side, the valley of the shadow of death, Pro-Cert Schmo-Cert requirement that I needed to fulfill this year. And if not, you can read about it here (#5).
And here (#4).
And again here.
It consumed me. It also consumed my blog topics.
And then, on May 7, all the stars aligned and we eight victims of Pro-Cert Schmo-Cert handed in our portfolios filled with student evidence, analysis, blood, sweat and tears. Our own blood, sweat, and tears. Not the students'.
And then we waited.
And we waited.
And then, just because we could, we waited some more.
And then, one fine day, some of us heard back and were asked to make some minor revisions.
Revisions were made. Revised portfolios were sent back. And we waited.
And we waited.
And then, just because we could, we waited some more.
And then Tuesday, May 31 came.
We all got an email, and it read:
"I wanted you to know that I have finished evaluating all the portfolios. They will be delivered to SPU tomorrow. Congratulations on your great work!"
Woo Hoo!!! PRAISE THE LOR....WAIT. What does this mean? Did we pass? Is SPU going to need to evaluate our portfolios now, too? Should I be collecting more evidence? We only have six days of school left!!! SHOULD I BE COLLECTING MORE EVIDENCE?!?!? Should I be fashioning my Pro-Cert Schmo-Cert binder into a weapon to use on oneself?!?
So a few of us sent an inquiry asking for more clarity.
And an hour later, we received another email, and it read:
"Yes, it means you all passed - no more revisions! Congratulations!"
Woo Hoo!!! PRAISE THE LORD!!!! WE'RE FINALLY DONE AND WE LIVED TO TELL THE STORY!!!
And all it cost us was our sanity. And hundreds of bottles of wine. Sorry. Just keepin' it real.
Basking in the glory of being a professionally certified teacher in the state of Washington,
Ghetto Barbie
No comments:
Post a Comment