Thursday, September 29, 2011

Like a good neighbor, we won't leave you alone

And we'll keep taking money out of your account LONG after you've cancelled coverage.

Like 2 years after you've cancelled coverage.

Ugh. I'm so annoyed. That's $12.25 a month that I could have been putting away.

$12.25 per month + one year = New Ugg boots

Ugg boots that now I don't have, because I was sending $12.25 a month to people who clearly ignore being told THREE times via mail and once via phone that our relationship is over. Some people.

In other news, life is busy. When is life not busy?

1. School is in full swing. The new cherubs are settled in and sprouting nicely.


2. Youth group has started. We have a record number of kids showing up, which makes for very interesting small groups. At what point does a small group become a large group? We have super-sized small groups. But that's OK, because that means we have lots of kids hungry for fellowship and Truth.

3. Pinterest continues to consume all of my free time. Blame Pinterest for my lack of blogging updates. Ahem, that includes you, closet readers who may or may not be a mother of my TA. Hugs!

4. Premier Week on T.V. was last week, and man alive was it a good one. Shows that I watch on a regular basis and follow religiously because the main characters are my confidants in real life and, therefore, I must follow their every move, conversation, look, feeling, and problem include but are not limited to...

* The Office - RIP Michael Scott. You are missed.
* Modern Family - I literally laugh until there are tears
* Parks and Recreation - Local government never looked so fun
* Criminal Minds - Have to watch on Saturday morning due to nightmares if watched directly before bed.
* The Mentalist - Simon Baker, I love you.
* CSI: Vegas. I cannot watch Miami. CAN. NOT. I can't handle Horatio Caine and his sunglasses of justice.
* Hawaii Five-0 - Alex O'Loughlin + Cargo pants & boots = Total Hottie
* Survivor - "Come on in, guys!"
* The Amazing Race - Still trying to convince one of my brothers to send in an audition tape with me.
* NCIS - Mark Harmon = Silver Fox
* Intervention: T.V. Addicts Look for me on next month's episode followed soon after by:
* Intervention: When Pinterest Takes Over Your Life

Disclaimer: I do not and can not watch a large portion of these shows live. Ever. I'm never home. That's what DVR is for. And that's what Saturday mornings and Sunday afternoons are for. After football, of course.

5. A friend and I went to see "The Help" on Saturday night. Lord have mercy on my ugly cry. I read the book this summer and found myself completely and utterly immersed into that time of our nation's history. I laughed. I cried. I felt sorrow. I felt shame. I felt pride. My emotions ran the gamut throughout the book's 400+ pages.


The movie was no different. There were a few times that I feared for those around me, and my dignity, as I was certain I would let out a "gaspy sob". You know the kind. The sob that you simply can't contain inside anymore and you're crying so hard that you can't catch your breath, so the only thing to do is to sob and gasp simultaneously.

Sob + Gasp = Ugly Cry

Ugly Cry + Full Movie Theater = Loss of Dignity. Forever.

I was a mess. My gal-pal told me to get a hold of myself. I told her to get a heart and FEEL something. Then she went and waited in the hall for 23 minutes while I wiped my tears with a soaked through tissue, scooped up what was left of my dignity, and joined her.

In my opinion, it's the best movie ever made. Next to The Sound of Music, of course. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go and try to find the remainder of my lost dignity.

This could take awhile.

Ghetto Barbie out...

1 comment: