Tuesday, September 13, 2011

There's a reason we don't swim in jeans

So school started.

Sorry. That very minor tidbit of information must have gotten lost somewhere between Nanny Em's last day, an Iowa wedding, and a fight for survival in a classroom hot box. It has been hot. Like 85 degrees hot. That's hot in Lynden. That's hot with no air-conditioning. That's REALLY hot in a small confined space with 18 little bodies; all radiating recess heat.

Well enough was enough. I'd had it. Unfortunately, I have very little power aside from opening windows and turning on a fan. But somebody else took action.

Our janitor laid a sprinkler hose out on the playground at recess.

THAT, is the definition of GENIUS.

Just look at all the happy, wet faces.





And my absolute favorite picture from the day...

It tickles my funny bone.

Yours truly also took a run through the sprinkler. In jeans. That is NOT the definition of genius. I had an interesting gait the rest of the day. Sorry. Just keepin' it real.

That God of ours has a sense of humor, though. He gave us hot days, but to make up for it, He gave us breathtaking sunsets.

I think the tree silhouette really adds to the picture don't you? Sheesh. I was too lazy to actually walk off the porch, onto the golf course and take a silhouette-of-a-tree-less picture. And it was still too hot.

And, because I think it's funny -

Our school theme this year is "In the dust of the Rabbi". I came across this picture while perusing Google images; looking for fun pictures of Jesus walking or kids following Jesus. It's funny, yes. It's also a great "Thinker" picture. Meaning, it makes you think. With the vast amount of things to follow today...political views, television shows, the stock market, sports, the news, Twitter, Facebook, BLOGS...amongst all the busyness, are we still following the Leader?

Just something to think about.

Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. You have GOT to get that picture of Lori VL into a school publication of some sort! That's awesome. And I love that "thinking" picture with Jesus. So thankful my daughter has you for a teacher.
    ~Julie Ball

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the photo with Lori!!!!! Awesome, send some my way, they are too fun! How did I miss out on that fun?!?

    ReplyDelete