Monday, March 5, 2012

I could live in a musical

Guess where me and my gang went on Saturday?

Here's a clue:

"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO......KLAHOMA, where the wind comes sweeping down the plain...."

The plain of 5th Avenue in downtown Seattle.



 We did not actually go to the state of Oklahoma. That would be weird.

As fun as it would be to drop in on the Pioneer Woman and her strapping cowboy husband, Marlboro Man...



I was mesmerized for three hours.

The music.

The sets.

I wanted to move in with Aunt Eller and fall in love with Curly.

Sigh.

Sometimes I miss the plains.

And barn dances.

And peddlers.

And cowboys in hot pursuit of farmers' daughters.

Sigh.

I could live in a musical.

In other musical news....

Apparently, Titanic, the musical, is coming to 5th Avenue. Seriously? How in the world does one make a musical based on the most horrific ship wreck in world history?

"The ship is siiiiiiiiiiiinking.......we're going dooooooooooooown......."

How incredibly depressing.

I doubt the musical will be based on James Cameron's award-winning movie, but it would be interesting to see Broadway reinact the floating door scene. "I'll never let gooooooooooooooooooooooo.....my heart will go ooooooooooooooooooon."

I think I'll stay on the plains of Oklahoma, thank you very much.

1 comment:

  1. First of all, I love that we're a "gang" now. Sounds so dangerous and worldly. :)

    Secondly, thank you for clarifying that we didn't actually go to the state of Oklahoma. I'm sure your loyal readers were confused.

    Thirdly, you can have Curly. I'm kind of partial to Will Parker. :)

    Fourthly (you know I have to keep going with the number thing now...), I would like to live in musical-land with you.

    And fifthly, I really think the Titanic musical people could use our songwriting skills to spice up their show. "I'll never let gooooo... I'm the king of the wooooorld... my heart will go ooooooonnnnnn". Oh, friend. You truly are my musical soulmate. :)

    ReplyDelete