I saw sites I had only seen in picture books.
I climbed Biblical mountains.
I waded in Biblical bodies of water.
I visited the most sacred site in Judaism; the Western Wall in one of the holiest cities in the world, Jerusalem.
I walked in the steps of my Rabbi, Jesus Christ.
Those ten days in Egypt and Israel changed my life.
It's hard to articulate exactly what a trip of this magnitude does to a person. How it affects a person to their very core. Stretching them in ways never imagined.
For 10 days I stood face to face with God. His Word came alive. I was challenged physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. I was a different person on top of Mt. Sinai than I was at the base. I remember looking up at the magnificence that stood before me. Way off in the distance. God's Holy place. The place where God and Israel entered into a marriage covenant so many years ago. The place where God began to shape and mold His people; making them into a royal priesthood.
During our faith lessons, we were told repeatedly that WE are God's Holy Place. He dwells within us, and we in turn, are to let Him live through us. It's not the theology that we know, it's the theology that we live. We are called to love the Lord our God with all our heart, all our soul, and all our strength. Then, we are to GO and be the Message.
I was not a tourist. I was an investment. Tourists go home after 10 days having enjoyed a fabulous vacation. Investments go home after 10 days and tell all of Israel what they saw, heard, and learned.
Investments ARE the Message.
I am the Message.
For those of you who wish to reread, or perhaps read for the first time, detailed daily accounts from my trip, I've attached the links below. Enjoy!
Middle East Memoirs: Day 1
Middle East Memoirs: Day 2
Middle East Memoirs: Day 3
Middle East Memoirs: Day 4
Middle East Memoirs: Day 5
Middle East Memoirs: Day 6
Middle East Memoirs: Day 7
Middle East Memoirs: Day 8
Middle East Memoirs: Day 9
Middle East Memoirs: Day 10









No comments:
Post a Comment