Saturday, April 7, 2012

I should at least be Juror #1

Last year on this day, I was here:


Jerusalem. It still give me the chills.

Today, I'm sitting outside at Uncle and Auntie's house; basking in 60 degree sun. What began as a solid chunk of time to work on report cards, quickly turned into a solid chunk of time to blog and spend a copious amount of time on the phone trying to arrange plans with friends for tonight. So basically, it's been an incredibly unproductive day. Though, unproductive has been the theme of Spring Break 2012. A vast difference from Spring Break 2011.

On Monday, I painted my bedroom. It transitioned from a bluish-purplish-gray to just gray-gray-dark-gray. It is stunning, and I love it. And I'm still icing every muscle in my body with a bag of peas. And with that, every room, hallway, nook, and cranny in my condo, with the exception of the bathroom, has been painted by yours truly.

On Tuesday,  I bought a new mattress set. A much needed new mattress set. God bless DeWaard and Bode and their "even a single Christian school teacher can afford these" prices. My new piece of heaven was delivered this morning. I am looking forward to having the best night of sleep since 1983; the year I left the crib.

I have no recollection of Wednesday. That may have been the day that I slept until 11:30 a.m. Which is sad. Not because I slept half the day away, but because I can't recall what I did the other half of the day. A day in which I only had to remember a maximum of 10 hours.

The rest of the week brought shopping in Seattle, a head start on report cards, breakfast with a friend, and a dreaded jury summons. Yep. It was only a matter of time before Whatcom County called one of it's finest transplants. During her busiest time of year. Heaven forbid I get summoned during two of the TWELVE WEEKS that I have off every year. Nope. And it's amazing the advice one will receive from others when called to serve one's county. My brother, Adam, wants me to walk in and shout "Death Penalty!!". Even if it's a traffic violation. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't strongly considering this option. I'll keep you posted on this saga. I'll also keep Lifetime: Television for Woman posted on this saga. I can see it now. "Moment of Truth: The Story of Juror 504". There is nothing like a good made-for-television movie on Lifetime. And this story won't have an abused cheerleader as it's core character. Unless she's the plaintiff. Oooooo, this could get interesting. Stay tuned...

And that's it from Potential Juror 504.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go take a nap on my new bed.

Wake me up in July.

No comments:

Post a Comment