I didn't blog on Mother's Day. Shame. Shame on me.
Hoping to nurse the wounds that I may have caused due to aforementioned non-blogging, I'm taking it upon myself to official change Mother's Day to Mother's Week. It's now an entire week for moms. You're welcome, husbands. You will be expected to gift the mother of your offspring with something her heart desires every day of the week.
To celebrate the greatness that is my own mother, I've compiled a list of "fill in the blanks" about my beloved mother. This same list is given to my second graders every year, and it is hilarious. Questions and answers such as, "My mom likes to drink ________." And the answer? "Wine." Or, "My mom's favorite activity at church is ___________." And they answer with "childrens' bulletin". Oh my stars, do I ever laugh. My little people are so honest and genuine. I get the nervous sweats just thinking how'd they fill out a teacher survey. "My teacher likes to say ______________." I think I'd see a lot of "Are you kidding me!?" or "Children of the Lord." Or, "Sit on your hookadooter." That's slang for "bum". I digress.
Let's get this show on the road, shall we?
My Mom
This Mother's Day I hope my brothers don't forget to buy our mother a card.
You always make me laugh when you think you're hiding things in high places, but since we're all taller than you, we can still see them. And eat them.
My mom is my best friend.
My mom reads everything. She loves a good mystery.
I wish my mom lived closer to me.
My mom likes to cook everything. That woman knows her way around a kitchen.
My mom likes to bake chocolate chip cookies. It's why my friends come over. Even when I live 2000 miles away.
My mom is super when she does all my laundry for me when I visit home.
My mom's favorite food is Chinese. I'm totally going out on a limb on that one. I truly don't know. Shame.
My mom's favorite kind of music is praise.
My mom's favorite sport is anything her kids are playing. Correction: Anything her sons are playing. Correction: Anything her son, Phil, is playing.
My mom's favorite vacation place is currently Lynden. Because that's where her beloved first born lives.
My mom's favorite color is red. I think. I'm not sure. Shame.
My mom's favorite activity at church is playing the piano. She's the bombdiggity.
My mom smiles when I walk down the escalator into baggage claim at Sioux Falls Regional Airport.
My mom gets crabby when I get frustrated with her over a computer or camera issue.
When my mom works she sends me newsworthy emails throughout the day.
My mom likes it when I come home to visit.
When my mom grocery shops she only needs to buy one gallon of milk instead of five. Empty nest, people.
When my mom tucks me into bed at night I feel safe. I also feel like I must be dreaming, because my mom lives 2000 miles away. And I'm an adult.
At Christmas my mom always spends the same amount of money on every kid.
For my birthday my mom arranged for a different friend to deliver a gift to me every hour for 12 hours. I don't know how she's going to top that one this year.
MY MOM IS THE BEST MOM IN THE WORLD, BECAUSE..........
Because she's mine.
Happy Mother's Week, Momma!
xoxo
Me

No comments:
Post a Comment