Friday, August 17, 2012

I wonder how many poffertjes could fit in my new bag???

The fair.

The annual time of year when teenage girls decide that shorts with less coverage than my Vicky's Secret cotton bikinis is the best way to represent themselves while out in public; perusing the dairy barn, commercial exhibits, and carnival rides. 

My eyes are still burning.

And this year, my parents were with me to witness the Glamour "Don't". 

Mom, Dad, Uncle, Auntie and I were walking the trails throughout the fairgrounds by 10:17 Monday morning. It was so clean. And I could walk through the Expo building while swinging my arms and not hit anyone. 

But first things first. 


Poffertjes. A Dutch delicacy.  A fair junkie's most important stop of the day.

Once we had our priorities in order, we were able to enjoy the fair to its fullest.

Fair Must-See-Dos for Ghetto Barbie:
1. New calves in the dairy barn
2. Talk to someone I know
3. Peruse the booths in the Expo building and surrounding white tents
4. Talk to someone I know
5. Visit Momma Sow and see if she's had her piglets.
6. Talk to someone I know.
7. Visit the goat barn
8. Talk to someone I know
9. Take a lap through the kiddy carnival looking for former students
10. Talk to someone I know
11. Visit Momma Sow again and see if she's had her piglets.
12. Talk to someone I know.
13. Check out the fun themes in the horse barn
14. Talk to someone I know
15. Eat at the LC food booth
16. Talk to someone I know
17. Get a carameled apple
18. Talk to someone I know
19. Visit the goats again. I can't get enough of their "cries".
20. Visit Momma Sow, yet again, and see if she's had her piglets.

And on our way out, look what we found!


A tip of the hat to you, Person Who Came Up With The Genius Idea To Add A Moo-Wich Express Lane, for....well, adding a Moo-Wich express lane. We saved at least 19.25 minutes not having to wait in that wretched long line.

Wednesday night, I went back to the fair with some friends for an incredible time of worship with Chris Tomlin.


Our friend, The Pole, was also there. He gets a good seat EVERY. YEAR.

An amazing concert by an amazing worship leader. And it helped take my mind off Mom and Dad leaving earlier in the day.

In other news:
1. School is starting in T-minus 10 days. I've been a busy bee working in my classroom during the last 48 hours. And I ordered a new school bag.


Isn't she pretty. I'm in love.

A million years ago when I was a nanny in East Hampton, my kids got one of these bags for me at the end of the summer. I've been in love ever since. And since love hurts, my first bag took a beating and needed to be replaced. Said new bag will be here in seven to ten business days. I won't sleep until then.

2. Something under my kitchen sink stinks. I cannot figure out what it is, and it's driving me batty. I fear a plumber may be in my near future.

3. Facebook switched me to Timeline against my will. I will be filling out an online comment card soon.

4. I just had my eighth annual "Let's Cut Out Laminating Until Our Hands Hurt" party. It's much easier now that I have teacher friends to join me in my suffering. Sorrow loves company.

5. Speaking of annual, tomorrow is my annual Back to School hair appointment with Miss Lindsay. Come 10:00 am, I will be happier than a kid in a candy store.

And that's the news from Lake Wobegon.

xoxo

Ghetto Barbie

3 comments:

  1. I saw you were having your cutting party, and I couldn't make it. Can I come next year? Are former secretaries welcome? Cuz I miss cutting out laminations...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Les Hon - You will ALWAYS be welcome at our laminating cut-out parties. You don't even need to wait for an invite. Just show up some time. :)

      Delete
  2. Most importantly Emily, did you get to talk to anyone you know at the fair?? hehe
    Amy

    ReplyDelete