Monday, August 13, 2012

Lucky{7}

It's been seven years since I packed my Iowa bags and headed to the great Pacific Northwest.

For seven years I've driven down the Guide Meridian; gazing at the majestic Mount Baker in the distance, towering above the other snow-capped mountains in the Cascade Range.

And for seven years, I've only looked. I've never hiked. Or skied. Or snowboarded. Or snowmobiled. Or built a snow man.

I have, however, driven part of the way up the mountain. As far as Picture Lake. Family Christmas card picture day with Uncle and Auntie. Talk about an adventure. That's another story for another time.

So, seven years into my stay as a Whatcom County resident, I finally experienced the greatness that is Artist Point on Mount Baker.


GORGEOUS. And I ask myself, "Where have you been, Emily!?!"

And sadly, this picture doesn't even show the summit of Baker. It was too bright.

That's a bit better.






Majestic mountains are closer than they appear. I loved listening to the wind blow through the trees down in the valley.


Shorts and t-shirts in the snow. Not something Iowans are used to.



Boo ya.

Take that bucket list.

Check and check.

No comments:

Post a Comment