1. After days of dealing with a lower back muscle mutiny, I can finally say with confidence that I have passed through the valley of the shadow of death and am now drifting on the sea of healing and recovery. It was real touch and go there for awhile. I was ready to teach the remainder of the year via Skype. Can you even imagine? I'm getting a nervous twitch just thinking about it. Let's move on.
2. It's Premier Week on television. God bless America. What a great week to have DVR. It's been 4 months of cliffhanger anticipation. I remember a million years ago back in 1997 when buckskin clad, Sully, fell off a cliff at the end of the season finale and I had to wait 4 months, 4 MONTHS, to see if he survived. As if they'd kill Mr. Michaela Quinn, but when you're sixteen, the future of one's favorite television show is so uncertain. And then, 4 months later, my mom's cousin scheduled her wedding the same weekend as the most highly anticipated premier of the fall season. In Des Moines. 4 hours away. We spent the night in a hotel and didn't come home until Sunday. I set the VCR on Saturday morning before we left. 637 times. Saturday night, I wanted to call the retired neighbor lady across the street to go over to our house and MAKE SURE the VCR was recording. This was pre-cell phones. And I couldn't find a phone in the reception hall. So I ate another piece of cake and tried to drown my sorrows with punch. We got home on Sunday and I literally RAN into the house, plopped myself in front of the TV, and pushed play. I didn't help unload the car. I didn't help unpack. And my beloved parents knew better than to ask. I had a mountain man to save!!! And glory be, saved he was! Just in the nick of time! Lucky his wife, the doctor, was there. I remember it like it was yesterday. Maybe because I watched that very episode yesterday on my DVR. God bless the INSP Channel and it's two episodes a day commitment to airing reruns of my favorite television show ever since the beginning of time.
Shows that have since tried to fill the mountain man void in my heart:
1. The Office
2. Big Bang Theory
3. Modern Family
4. The Middle
5. Criminal Minds
6. Hawaii Five-O
7. CSI: Vegas
8. NCIS
9. Survivor
10. The Amazing Race
11. That show on TLC about the Christian school teacher who moonlights as a TV junkie
What show can't you miss?
3. GAP Long and Lean Haiku
Worn them forever
Medicine balls and running
No longer fit nice
And commence the horrific experience of finding a new brand of flattering jeans. Ugh. I'd rather be one on one with a bear in a cage than go jean shopping. Too tight. Too short. Too much bling on the bum. Too short. Too low cut. Too dark. Too distressed. Too short. It's an agonizing process. I finally found a pair at Macy's, and I'm in love. They're long enough. They hug things in all the right places. The wash is perfect. They're long enough. Length is a big deal, people. A 34" inseam just ain't gonna cut it, folks. Unless I wear flip flops all year long. Um, no. A tip of the hat to you, creative director at Kut from the Kloth denim company, for your creative genius.
4. Speaking of Macy's, is anyone else annoyed when you can't use a 20% off coupon on things that you actually use your Macy's credit card on??? Like the Clinique counter? Or on a pair of killer jeggings that look fabulous on you? I swear the list of things you can't use the coupon on is twice as long as things you CAN save money on. I don't like it. One. Bit.
Happy Saturday! Today I will: decorate for fall. That's really the only thing on the agenda at this point. God bless Saturdays.
xoxo
Ghetto Barbie
No comments:
Post a Comment