Saturday, September 15, 2012

Such a tease

1. First things first - having dear friends who are amazing photographers has its perks. Like when your nephew visits and we all kind of decide last minute that it would be SO FUN to have Lil' Man's two year pictures taken while they're here, so....well, we made it happen. The fabulous duo who makes up Stefan Elmer Photography said, "We'll make it work! Bring the lil' stud over! In fact, we'll even wash up some old vintage trucks to use for props - it will be awesome!"

And awesome it was.

Kaydrian was a champ and was a natural in front of the camera. In fact, he was so comfortable that he felt it was OK to pick his nose and let Stefan capture every moment. In succession. He helped Audrey with the props and let her know when he wasn't pleased with where she placed apples on the crate. Or when he'd rather stand by the tree than sit. The kid knows what he wants; what can I say? 


Just look at that little face. I'm so in love.

Thanks, Stefan and Audrey, for an amazingly fun and productive afternoon! You are loved and appreciated!

2. Auntie and Kaydrian's night out was also very fun and productive. Productive in the sense that Kaydrian may have a new love and obsession -


"What is this guy doing? He makes beautiful music with strings and this wooden thing. And he sings at the same time?!"


"Please, sir. Teach me how to play. I want to play, too. Please. Peash? Peash?"

3. In other news, my blogosphere gal-pal, Julie, and her insane creative juices are at it again. This time she's creating custom-made subway art.

I want. I need.

Just look at this Halloween one she made:


Love it.

I wasted no time emailing her and ordering my very own art de subway. I'm going with a Middle East theme. Not war or anything. I have no reason or desire for one of those. I'm having one made listing all the places that I visited on my trip to Egypt and Israel last spring. So excited.

You can see more examples and order your own subway art here: J6 Custom Subway Art. Do it. You know you want to.

4. I've solved my Psych Season 6 conundrum. Turns out all I had to do was wait a week for season six to start airing on ION Television. The first eight episodes of the season aired last week Saturday, and the last eight are airing this weekend. The DVR is set, and the hold at the library has been let go. And I am one happy camper.

5. Speaking of happy camper, I'm loving the classroom theme. I recently got a wild hair and decided it would be in the best interest of the world if I created the facade of a vintage camping trailer. Said trailer would be drawn on, painted, and cut out of cardboard and then be attached to the front of my already existing reading loft, therefore, creating the illusion that I actually have a vintage camping trailer IN my classroom. I know what you're thinking. You're thinking "That is the best idea you have EVER had, Emily. I will help you in any way that I can to see your plan through to fruition." You may also be thinking, "That would have been a fantastic thing to do over the summer months, Emily, when you had 11 WEEKS to be creative."  I'm actually parked on the latter sentence at the moment. That would have been the smart thing to do. I blame Summer Brain. And Summer Brain really reared it's ugly head this summer.


Check out the print I found on Etsy. I must have it. It will be mine.

Camping when you're happy is the best kind of camping that there is.

xoxo
Happy Camper

1 comment:

  1. You know what you can do? You can photocopy that great print from etsy onto a transparency and then trace it onto cardboard and you'd have your vintage camping trailer facade lickety-split! That loft has never before seen such amazing creative juices! Go for it! Oh, and do it before the teacher's convention. ;)
    ~Your sub and her daughter

    ReplyDelete