Monday, December 10, 2012

Elves can run, too

Yep, the polar bear entered another organized run.

Yep, the polar bear is now paying money to run.

What is wrong with the polar bear?

Runner gal-pal and I donned festive running apparel and participated in the Bellingham Jingle Bell Run on Saturday morning.

Check. Us. Out.


Hot Mess, party of two.

It was SO cold. I had on more layering than a polar bear. We both ran with green vests over our shirts.

We didn't run with the hats on; fearing we'd be unable to keep them on, but we did run in the shorts. For a short time. And then one of us had issues. Major issues. Major "my shorts are riding up" issues. At one point, I looked down and couldn't even see my shorts. They had disappeared into the deep black and green yonder of my running apparel. At the mile and a half marker, I'd had it. I couldn't take it anymore. I ran over to the sidewalk to strip. Right there in public. In front of thousands of other Santas, elves, and running Christmas trees. People were staring. People were laughing. Though, they could have been laughing at my running partner who was doubled over laughing at the vision in front of her. For there, on a Broadway sidewalk, yours truly, lifted her vest, shirt, and Under Armour to find her elf shorts around her sternum. And apparently, from behind, it looked like I was wearing a green, velvet thong. So attractive.

Things were much smoother post-strip. I ripped off the headband I was wearing and tied my shorts to my wrist. The running continued.

We finished the run; jingling all the way. I'm used to jiggling when I run, but the accompanying jingling was a soothing addition to the running experience.

Until next year, when I DON'T wear shorts,

Ghetto Barbie

No comments:

Post a Comment