Thursday, December 27, 2012

Please stop touching the snowman decals

December.
 
The month where it's fashionably acceptable to dress in less than appealing holiday wear in order to add festive cheer to your place of employment. Or a party with friends. Or a youth group skating party. 
 
 
We are so adorable. There were more of us, but some people ignored the "Be in the lounge for a picture at 12:30 or else!" threat.
 
This one cracks me up. 


I was just testing the lighting to make sure my camera setting was accurate.

"How should we stand?"

"Tall people in the back or on chairs?"

"Hands on hips or no?"


"Oops, we gotta make some adjustments here a sec..."

I think it's as plain as the nose on your face that we have a good time together. We kind of like each other.

And speaking of people who kind of like each other...


My darling youth group girls. I taught five of the seven girls in the top picture. Five years ago. They've all grown up so much, but not me. I'm still 26 and fabulous. In my prime. It's been such a blessing for me to reconnect with these girlies after the awkward "Not elementary, but not yet middle school" phase. Nobody enjoys that phase. Nobody.


I would like to take this time to point out Jam Gem "Fifth Head From the Left"; the cutie patootie in all green. She won the prize for BEST DRESSED. She won $10 CASH. That's, like, $100 for a seventh grader. Here's the kicker: aside from her hat and blinking red nose, she's wearing all of MY clothes. It's my ugly sweater, my elf shorts, and my striped elf socks. I told her that in all fairness, I should get half of the money. And she's such a sweetheart, she probably would've handed over the entire $10. I let her keep it. But I forbid her to throw her money away on that chinsy crap at the prize counter. She'd be better off flushing it down the toilet. She obeyed and put the money in her coat pocket. That, in itself, was my prize. I saved a naive nugget the horrors of discovering that her $10 plastic, neon flashing, crown was assembled for less than $.05 in a Chinese factory. And that's why it broke on your first lap around the rink. Your welcome, Nugget. You're welcome.

And speaking of nuggets, here are 18 of my favoritist lil' nuggets who are all dressed up and ready for their big show! No ugly snowman sweaters here, folks. Just white capes and bows. Dresses, khaki pants, and gelled hair. You know it's a big day when the boys come with gel in their hair.


My next official holiday dress-up party will be taking place on New Year's Eve. This year's theme: Heroes and Villains. I am beyond excited for this. I chose a villain. Of course. I mean, how many times in your life do you get to dress up as the bad guy and STILL have people like you?

Stay tuned, folks. It's going to knock your socks off. Your glittery, gingerbread socks.

xoxo
E

No comments:

Post a Comment