Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Lady Emily has the sniffles

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
I'm unable to upload pictures,
Blogger, doom on you.

"Annoyed, party of one." It's been a week, and I'm reaching the end of my already unraveling rope very quickly. Is there anybody out there in cyberspace, a blog stalker perhaps, who can help me? The upload window appears, however, the "browse" button does not. No browse means no upload. No upload means no pictures. No pictures means confusion for visual learners. We can't have this, people. It must be fixed.

In other news:

1. Downton Abbey is back, m'people. I cannot get enough of the British drama that follows the fictional lives of Lord and Lady Crawley. Just call me Lady Emily. And ask me if I've done something jolly with my hair.

2. Speaking of drama, did you see last night's episode of NCIS?! Waaaaaaa!!! Tears. Everywhere. I cannot handle the recent chain of events affecting my fictional friends in Washington D.C. In the words of my blogger pal, Julie, "It's like I know these people."

3. The Seahawks are in the playoffs! Oh, glory be! I love this time of year. I love the suspense that comes with "loser out" games. I love watching my gentlemen friends lose all sense of gentlemanness over a bad play. And vice versa when the Hawks do something grand. On Sunday, there was even a hug shared between the men. It was heart warming.

4. B.E.A.R. Week at the elementary building is quickly approaching. And the same question is on everyone's mind: "What will Miss K and Mrs. Ellens dress as this year?" We're considering going with a Biblical theme this time around. Whatever it is, it needs to a duo. We've already done Fancy Nancy and her mom as well as Thing 1 and Thing 2. Any ideas?

5. I have a nasty head cold. It was only a matter of time. But hey, look here, if a cold is the worst I get, I'll take it, Jack! The flu and strep throat has run rampant in my classroom. I don't have time for that crap. I'll take a head cold any day over a fever and swollen glands. My legs may never run a marathon, but my nose sure will.

And now, the most depressing news of all....

My boyfriend has begun his stint as the new bachelor. I'm not going to lie, it's created quite a rift in our relationship. I don't know if our "They're so cute, I want to throw up" happiness can weather the storm of reality television. Here is a picture from better times -


Spring break in Cabo last year. Sigh. I was so tan. And Greek goddess-like. I don't know what happened. Well, I do know what happened. Food happened. Dang brownies.

Tomorrow, I'll post a picture of us at a friend's wine and cheese party. We're not as tan, and I share no resemblance whatsoever to a Greek goddess, but we're still gorgeous. My heart weeps.

And yes, I realize that I included a picture after whining and complaining about the pestilence I was experiencing uploading photos. Let's just say I did some research. Blogger is aware of the problem and suggested uploading my pictures old-school style until the situation has been resolved. So, old-school it is. 

xoxo

Lady Emily

* A special shout-out to my gal-pal Mal for finding such a treasure of a photo memory on her computer. Photoshop is truly a beautiful thing. As is the couple in the picture. Again, my heart weeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment