Sooooooooo, it rained all day today. A dreary, depressing day to accompany my dreary disposition.
My boyfriend got engaged last night. To another woman. What else is new.
I'm OK with it. Really, I am. Had I known that he was going to jump from his stint as the bachelor directly into Dancing with the People Who Were Once in the News rather than bask in the reality of finally taking his new found love out in public for the first time in 3 1/2 months, I would have dumped him ages ago. Seriously dude? We just spent a quarter of a YEAR keeping our love on the down low and now, rather than start planning our future consisting of nothing but butterflies, rainbows, and beautiful children, you're going to go on a stupid dancing show?! Hmmmm....I'm starting to understand why he always told me I wasn't supportive enough. Well honestly, Sean. If YOUR goals were MY goals, you'd see just how incredibly supportive I am.
And another question that always seems to arise during the season of speed dating is, don't these people have jobs?! Seany-boy just took three months off to find a wife, and now he's going to give ballroom dancing a shot? How can people afford this?! And money aside, I could never leave my cherubs that long. The sub plans alone would be a nightmare not to mention the emotional turmoil caused by the separation. And the dust build up in my condo...
I can't go there. I'm getting high blood pressure just thinking about it.
Let's talk about some HAPPY news, shall we?
February was Ghetto Barbie's Anni-Birthday month. I made a deal with you, my 4 faithful readers, that I would award a humdinger of a prize to someone at random. Just a random person on the street. If that random person on the street left a comment on any post written in February. And if that random person who left a comment on any post written in February has his/her name drawn out of a hat by one of my cherubs.
And so, without further ado, the random person drawn out of my Mickey Mouse ears/hat by one of my beloved cherubs is......
Julie Ball
Congratulations, Julie! Hope you like Grandiflora, girl, because you're getting $20 to spend in that playground for women. (This is the fine print telling you that if you'd rather have $20 to a different store in Lynden, say Starbucks, that's ok with me. Talk to me at school tomorrow.)
Off to bed. Last night's whirlwind of a finale really took it out of me. Love really is hard.
xoxo
E
Woot! Woot! I {{heart}} Grandiflora! That is an incredibly amazing, generous, and super-fun prize!! But I wouldn't expect any less from you, Miss K!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
ReplyDelete