Creative Arts Week.
The week where we get creative with our art. I know that's kind of a stretch from the name, Creative Arts Week, but we try.
This year's theme was drama. Since our high school performed the musical Honk! this winter, it was pretty easy lemon squeezy to tie that into the lives of the elementary littles.
Check out our barn raisin' hallway!
We are so blessed to have some creative moms who can turn a vision into a reality. And we're never taking it down. We're going to need to implement a barn into every theme from now until the end of time. "This is My Father's World...er, Barn." That'll work.
The week began with chapel, led by none other than our wonderful cast of Honk!
Every time Ugly honks, I laugh. As do some members of the cast as you can see. It never gets old. It's like every quote every uttered on the show Friends. It'll never die.
Following chapel, each grade took a tour of the high school drama department, again, led by none other than our cast of Honk! Our littles learned about improvisation, makeup and hair, costumes, lighting, and just how cool it is to hang out with the big kids.
I don't know who had more fun. The littles or the cast.
On Friday, we had our closing program, and the littles were thrilled to perform some songs from Honk! that they had learned in music class.
And who should show up and join them??
Their new best friends.
"Somedaaaaaaaay, someone's gonna love ya......warts and all!"
First grade singing about playing with your food.
Fourth grade went on a wild goose chase.
And, finally, my own littles singing "Look At Him".
"HONK!!!!"
And fun was had by all. All week long. And I am still catching up on sleep lost during the preparation. I think there's still some hay in the barn. I may need to take a snooze at noon.
Until next year...
xoxo
E
*** Many photo credits go, once again, to gal-pal, Becky Van Hofwegen. I would be lost without that woman.

























Wow...just WOW! Most awesome Creative Arts Week ever!!! Love that barn scene -- and tying in the musical & cast? Marvelous!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing.