Tuesday, July 9, 2013

I'll take another sparkler, please

1. The 4th.

It was hot.

But then the sun fell behind the trees, and it got cold.

We moved our chairs back into the sun.

Rinse, Repeat.




2. The Bay


I could live there.

But I don't.

So I found a friend who kind of does.

Well, her parents have a cabin there.

It's kind of the same thing.



3. The Three Amigos


Christmas 1990ish.

They all were gifted with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle pajamas.

I came across this in Auntie's photo album while perusing pictures of that little turtle on the far right.

My mommy cross-stitched that sweatshirt. And Auntie made the sweatshirt that the center nugget is sporting. Those were the days.

4. I'm heading to Iowa on Friday. I cannot wait. I need some family time. And it's not supposed to be 105 degrees with 200% humidity while I'm there. It will be similar to Lynden actually. Well, maybe plus 10 degrees. But I'll raise you my central air-conditioning. It's the best week of sleep I'll have all summer long.

xoxo
E

No comments:

Post a Comment