I should have known things were going too well. I was having way too much fun.After Saturday night's tractor pull, I didn't think it would be possible to have more fun while I was home.
On Monday, I had lil' man all day. We played. And we played. And we played.
That evening, Grandma and Grandpa and I took our favorite little nugget to see the animals at the Sioux County Youth Fair.
Like his Auntie, he was very concerned with keeping his flip flops poop-free.
We snapped a picture at every animal photo-op the pint sized fair had to offer.
We had a grand ol' time in the petting zoo. The petting zoo that was 90% goats and 10% cow.
Then, the little stud muffin decided to head into the inflatable obstacle course. He's a go-getter, so we let him go. But then, he got stuck. Not stuck in the sense that he couldn't remove his little body through a tube that was too small. Stuck in the "I'm too apprehensive about what's in front of me, and I can't climb back over the wall that's behind me" stuck. So, Auntie to the rescue.
On the way in, I kicked off my flip flops and ran around the corner, stubbing my toe on the metal tent stake holding the God-forsaken obstacle course in the ground. I overcame the throbbing pain and continued on my "Save Nephew or Bust" journey through the unknown. Two hours later, we were both free. I kid, I kid. It took 5 minutes, but it felt like hours. As I emerged from the cocoon that is an inflatable child-friendly obstacle course, I thanked my lucky stars that I didn't get stuck in a tube that was too small, and we were on our way. Destination - First-Aid Tent. Not only had I stubbed my toe on the way into the obstacle course, I had also left a trail of my blood from start to finish. Clearly I was too engrossed in my "Save the Nephew" rescue mission to notice blood pouring out of my second and third phalanges.
But then we got ice-cream, and all was well once again.
Well, at least on Monday.
On Tuesday, a cold front moved in. And stayed for three days. And I'm not talking about weather.
To be continued....
xoxo
E
No comments:
Post a Comment