Wednesday, June 24, 2009

From the doghouse to the bighouse...

Time to update the resume people! I can now cross off “ Be a pet nanny” or “Panny” from my list of Things I want to accomplish before I’m 30. So far I’ve crossed off:
1. Kill a spider by myself
2. Drive a dangerous vehicle
3. Light a grill manually (I have a fear of igniting myself if not the entire house/neighborhood on fire), and
4. Learn every dance move to Michael Jackson’s Thriller.

OK, so an actual list is nonexistent, but I really am “Pannying” this week and next. When I agreed to this, I was obviously suffering from Theendisinsightitis at the end of the school year, and therefore would have agreed to ANYTHING being asked of me. I don’t like animals. Never really have. Probably never will. Eventually, I’m sure I’ll cave when I have children of my own begging daily for the stray mutt wandering aimlessly around the neighborhood, but until then, no animals for Ghetto Barbie. No. Thank. You.

Are the pups I’m pannying for cute you ask? Oh certainly. They’re very cute. Check 'em out.


They’re cute when they sit on the couch watching traffic drive by. They’re cute when they go outside together to do their “stuff”. Just like a couple of girls, those two; going to the bathroom together. They’re cute when they reenact scenes from Rocky together. It’s all very cute until bedtime, when they decide that my bed is their bed. Um, no, my cute little four-legged friends. My bed is NOT your bed. However, sleeping with the master is a life that these cute little cousins by adoption have always known. For me, it’s more like Sleeping With the Enemy: The Sequel. There is no Julia Roberts. And their certainly isn’t a beach house. But I digress. This is something I apparently agreed to, therefore, it is with heebie-jeebies that I will share my bed with Heebie and Jeebie. Afterall, I am not doing this so much for them as much as for their beloved owners who have entrusted these precious little canines to me for 2 weeks while they teach and guide young junior-high minds at Camp Shiloh. So, actually, when looking at it that way, I’m doing this for Jesus.

In other news:

I had my highly anticipated court date today at the Lynden City Municipal Court. I told you I would not go down without a fight. To commemorate the occasion, I compiled a list of the top 5 things you should never do/say at a mitigation hearing at municipal court.
1.) Do NOT come to court dressed like Elle Woods from Legally Blonde and expect great things to happen. Life is not a movie people, and the judge was NOT impressed with my pink polyester suit with matching hat and handbag.
2.) If the court room is the size of your garage, do not ask to speak to the judge is his/her chambers. You may end up discussing your case in a broom closet, or worse, outside on the front sidewalk.
3.) When asked to tell the truth and nothing but the truth, do NOT pull a Tom Cruise from A Few Good Men and shout "You can't handle the truth!" for the whole courtroom and town to hear.
4.) Do NOT ask the judge if he/she knows Judge Judy. Apparently she isn't real.
5.) Do NOT under ANY certain terms EVER ask the judge if you can borrow his/her robe so you can get a quick picture for your blog. Judges don't read blogs, and there are no blogs in prison.

Don't take these words lightly, my friends. I had to learn the hard way. Thanks to my plight in court, you don't have to.

Enjoy the rest of your week!

8 comments:

  1. You truly do crack me up! I am also the proud owner of one of these precious canines...and NO...she does NOT sleep in our bed either! There are limits afterall, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laughing, a lot. Okay, put the dogs in the garage, they can't talk and so won't be able to tell on you. Or leave them the bed and sleep at home. Again, they can't tell.
    Sleeping with dogs would creep me out big time. ICK! You are a saint!

    Oh, and so happy I didn't have you dog sit last week at my place. ;o)

    You promised a picture in a judge's robe on the blog. So sad but glad that it was you and not moi!

    Did you get the ticket reduced? Max wanted to know if you were busted for not using your signal? I explained about the teacher not knowing the speed limit in a school zone. Plausible, maybe.

    See you Weds. A.M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so funny!!! :D So glad you can cross "pannying" off your list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How on God's green earth can you be my friend and not know that Maxwell House sleeps on the end of my bed??? Seriously friend, I'm concerned that you really don't know me at all. I'm sorry if his twitching and slight seizures are keeping you awake at night. Thanks for being the panny while we mold young minds for the Lord.
    Les

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all, I'm SO telling Les that you let Max drink Diet Pepsi (see the first picture). Secondly... you know what will happen if you lock Bailey in the garage overnight (Tami's suggestion). She will bark and whine until you are forced out of bed by the sound of the doorbell at 3 am... only to open the front door to a flaming bag of... yeah... um... it's probably in your best interests not to let Bailey complain all night. Yeah. I could go on, but it's past my bedtime, and believe it or not... even I need a little beauty sleep. Although at this point it's pretty much just a maintenance thing. You understand. :)
    Love you friend!
    Michelle... the current Mrs. Spencer :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ya, think i just dribbled my pants.
    seriously. too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought you liked animals.
    I recall when you nannied for me, you invited a bird in. Still cleaning that up. JK Just keep loving all God's creatures, especially the 2nd graders at LC. Abby Jo doesn't want to move to 3rd grade. She misses Miss K.
    Thanks for a great year.
    Do tell more about the results of the pink suit, bloggin', broom closet, Judge Judy, "You Can't Handle The Truth event.

    ReplyDelete