
Notice anything different about Harold?
Look carefully.
Maybe this picture will help.

Yep, that's Harold's left leg.
Needless to say, we had a little mishap in second grade today.
While my students were warming their vocal chords in music this morning, my teacher-helper-friend, Kelsey, and I ventured over to the high school to get Harold. The first thing I thought when I saw him was, "Geez! He's really thinned since last I saw him! He's nothing but a bag of bones!" We began the uphill both ways walk back to the elementary building with Harold rolling nicely by our sides. After successfully lowering him off the curb, we were faced with our next obstacle. A speedbump. Next thing I knew, Harold's left leg was laying on the asphalt; narrowly avoiding a mud puddle. How did this happen you ask? No idea. There was no warning. No buzzer. Nothing. It just fell. So there we were, pushing Harold the rest of the way to the elementary with me carring his left leg in my right arm. I can only imagine the looks of horror coming from the elementary windows as all eyes shifted to Miss K dragging a skeleton down the sidewalk. That's right kids! See what happens when you don't listen to your teacher!
So now we have Harold in our classroom where all the students think their teacher is a torturer of helpless skeletons. Poor guy only has seven fingers and is now severly crippled. We might as well just put him down. He's on his last leg anyway. Pun intended.
at least your skeleton is life sized....my skeleton is 8 inches tall...and i have 3rd grade sized smurf on the back wall....i say smurf because of the blue skin that is outlining my skeleton friend. ahh the joys, the joys!
ReplyDeleteles
Osteoporosis Obviously :)
ReplyDelete