Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thou shalt not covet thy store's leather chairs

Weeping.
Sorrow.
Gnashing of teeth.

Country Furnishings is closings its doors. Granted, I didn't shop there exclusively, but I tend to think I kept their Yankee candle business in full flurish. And their teacher notepads. And their cute pumpkin hurricane fillers. And their beaded garland.

Doors open at noon today for the SALE OF A LIFETIME. I did not want to miss out on this, so guess where I slept last night?


What a sad, sad picture. Doesn't it look like there should be a line of 200+ people behind me? Apparently people don't covet leather chairs like I do.


6:30 am this morning. Grateful to have survived the Lynden elements. Wind. Rain. It wasn't pretty, people.

OK, OK, before any of you faithful readers call to question my sanity, this crazy occurence did not really happen. This is merely a staging for your viewing pleasure. What is not a staging, however, it my longing for those leather chairs on sale. I only want one. ONE!! I will be leaving school as soon as the last chicken nugget is ingested by pokey puppy second grade eater. I'm sure both chairs will be sold by 12:00:14 this afternoon, but I will fight. I may not win this battle of the leather chairs, but I will compete. Hard.

Until later...

2 comments:

  1. I am devastated as well...I hope you get your chair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. geez-oh-pete woman...go buy yourself that chair already!! your a fricken christian school teacher....you must make A LOT of money. ask if you can put it on layaway...you know, like i always do at k-mart.
    i'm just saying....

    ReplyDelete