
It's Friday.
Jesus is praying.
Peter is asleep.
Judas is betraying.
But Sunday's a Comin'.
It's Friday.
Pilate is struggling.
The Sanhedrin is conspiring.
The crowd is vilified.
They don't even know that Sunday's a Comin'.
It's Friday.
The disciples are running in every direction like sheep without a shepherd,
Mary's crying,
Peter's denying.
But they don't know that Sunday's a Comin'.
It's Friday.
The Romans beat my Jesus.
They robe him in scarlet.
They crown him with thorns.
But they don't know, Sunday's a Comin'!
I See Jesus walking to Calvary.
His blood dripping.
His body's stumbling.
and his spirit's burdened,
But see it's only Friday.
Sunday's a Comin'!
It's Friday.
The world's winning.
People are sinning.
and evil's grinning...it's Friday.
It's Friday.
The soldiers nail my Savior's hands to the cross.
They nail my Savior's feet to the cross.
Then they raise him up next to criminals.
It's Friday, but let me tell you something...
Sunday's a Comin'!
It's Friday.
The disciples are questioning, "What has happened to our King?"
and the Pharisees are celebrating that their scheming has been achieved.
but they don't know...it's only Friday.
Sunday's a Comin'!
It's Friday.
He's hanging on the cross,
feeling forsaken by his Father,
left alone and doubting,
can nobody save him?
Oh, it's Friday,
but Sunday's a Comin'!
It's Friday.
the Earth trembles,
the sky grows dark,
my King yields his spirit.
It's Friday.
Hope is lost.
Death has won.
Sin has conquered,
and Satan's just a laughin'.
It's Friday.
Jesus is buried.
A soldier stands guard,
and a rock is rolled into place.
But it's Friday.
It is only Friday.
Sunday's Comin'!!
This is wonderful!!! Do you have this on a handout?? could I have one?? I'm sure that there is a way to print this out without the whole blog showing up, but I don't know how to do it! And it's not like I don't want the whole blog printed out...I'm just waiting for the book!!
ReplyDeletehappy Easter!
wonderful...I might have to copy and paste! Love it!
ReplyDeleteLOVE it. love it so much that i stole it and put it on MY blog. thanks sister.
ReplyDeletemissed chatting with you tonight. nice seeing you back in church. i mean, our church. not that you haven't been in church. cuz i'm sure you have. since i know that you're the church going sort of gal. i mean, i wouldn't think you stopped going to church all together. have you? i think not.
also, i'm DIGGING you're new background. please show me how to get a page that pretty on my blog.
ReplyDelete