Saturday, April 24, 2010

Preparation Domination

The big day.

Lots of planning.

Lots of "stuff".

Lots of man power. And woman power.

Bro and me at rehearsal. This picture is one singer short of being the next Lady Antebellum.

Then, it was off to the Expo building to set up/decorate/hyperventilate from all the pressure.

This is the BEFORE picture.

Actually, this a bit deceiving. This is AFTER the before. A more accurate "before" picture would show a large, empty, desolate room. Boring.

My three favorite men helping hang the tent. This ensemble didn't last long as Bro 1 soon found his true calling on the lift.

Ahhhhh....that's better. Put that height to good use, dude.

When in doubt, stand around. Eventually, someone will ask you to do something important. Like hang a tent. Or pick up flowers. Or run and get the FOB coffee and donuts. Priorities, people.

The bride making CRUCIAL decisions. Like where to put the punch bowl table. Or how high to hang the pictures. Or where to hide the donuts from the men so they get back to work.

What? All the tall, strong men are busy? No problem. Miss Lu's got it under control.

No wedding is complete without the candy table. In this case, the bonbons table. Thank you, Foreign Candy Company in IOWA for your contribution to the success that was the big day.

My three men back together. Notice Superman is still on the lift, however.

A good goal when setting up the projector screen? To make it much harder than it needs to be.

How many men does it take to set up a projector?

And how many woman does it take to write on signs? In my defense, I become very nervous when I need to write in my BEST handwriting and I only get one shot. I had the nervous pee feeling. And sweaty palms. Not a good combination when I'm supposed to be writing.

This is Bro 2 pretending to help and be important. Too bad he didn't get to wear a flower at the actual ceremony. All the truly important people get a flower.


Hanging tents inside is such hard work. Hey, it's 5:00 somewhere.

And AFTER. *collective gasp* So pretty. I want to have a big party just like this one when I grow up.

I took very few pictures of the actual ceremony. Can you even believe that?!? I didn't even get a picture with the bride! I am very upset with myself. The blog will suffer. My apologies to my 14 readers. Lucky for me, the wonderful Snap Sisters were there, snapping away. Plus, they're the best, so all is well. Saved by the sisters who snap.

Ghetto Barbie out...

4 comments:

  1. Come on! I'm sure you have more like 20 readers...and they're all disappointed...Not because the bride's pic is missing, but because we wanted to see the Fabulous Wedding Singer!! WE REALLY REALLY DO!!! I might just call for an uprising of your faithful blog followers, and when we all show up, banging on your door to see the pictures, you will find out just how LOW your follower estimate has been. Be afraid...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you Leslie! I'll pound down doors. I WANNA SEE MORE PICTURES!! I saw the hair, but not the full ensemble...I want to see the fantastic shoes with the amazing dress and the gorgeous hair. Come on wedding singer! I helped you pick out most of it, and now I don't get to see the finished product?? LAME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wedding singer looked marvelous and sang surprisingly well (this according to Jordan K):) Pictures....yeah we took some:)

    ReplyDelete