Monday, August 23, 2010

Auntie's Week Out

First off, my apologies for the lack of updates this past week. Sheesh. You'd think I have a life outside of blogging.

My Auntie is visiting from Minneapolis and we have been BU.SY. We're dragging her here, there, and everywhere. Poor thing. She doesn't know what direction is up at this point. Yesterday, the phone rang and she got up to answer the door. It's time to let the poor woman rest.

And can I just say that it's nice to have some more Kooistra blood represented. We're far and few between 'round these parts. Don't leave us, Auntie. My heart can't take it.

Auntie flew into Seattle last week Tuesday morning. My other Auntie and I drove down to pick her up. And we had plans. Big plans. We had intended to visit Pike's Market, walk along the water front, gaze at the Space Needle from afar, etc. I was hardly able to sleep the night before; I was too excited.

But nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Why do I bother making plans? Something always happens.

And this time, THIS happened-


Are. You. Kidding. Me.

The ONE time we make plans to spend the day in downtown Seattle with someone who has NEVER been here and who has been planning her trip for MONTHS, our president decides he ALSO wants to spend the day, or should I say 4 HOURS, in downtown Seattle as well. He probably woke up and thought to himself, "Hmmmmmm....where should I go today? Seattle? Yeah, that sounds lovely. Michelle, pack my bag. Mr. Assistant, call my pilot. Have him bring Air Force One around back to pick me up around 9:00. Thanks."

The nerve.

So Pike's Market became the 405. That's the freeway that goes around Seattle for all you non-Pacific Northest people. We weren't about to take I5 back up north. People were coming in droves to catch a glipse of Mr. President, or as I now like to refer to him, Mr. Fun Ruiner.

Aside from our day of no fun in Seattle, we managed to find fun elsewhere. Lots of elsewheres.

* LaConnor
* Chuckanut Drive
* Boulevard Park
* Birch Bay
* Semiahmoo
* Bellis Fair Mall (I needed the Clinique counter)
* The road that runs parallel to the Canadian road north of Lynden. HOT tourist attraction.
* Lynden Christian School
* Grandiflora
* Phase II Nails
* Bubble Tea
* Woods Coffee (3 different locations, mind you)
* Anacortes
* Friday Harbor
* The ferry that took us from Anacortes to Friday Harbor
* Deception Pass
* The Fair







Remind me never to wear black again when getting a pedicure.

It's been wild. And I don't think Auntie wants to go home. Sorry Minnesota. She's having way too much fun, don'tcha know. So...

No comments:

Post a Comment