Did you see the big yellow ball in the sky yesterday?!?!
I realize it's August, Mother Nature. Mid-summer is over, the fair is approaching, school will be starting soon, but that doesn't mean we're ready for dewy mornings. Or rain. Or hooded sweatshirts. Unless it's a campfire night. Ahhhhhh....I heart campfire nights. Curled up in a lawn chair, sportin' one of my dozens of hoodies, playing the "If" book game with friends and arguing about the best three material objects to take with you if you were to be stranded on a deserted island alone for 3 months. Let me tell you, those are the deep, heartfelt conversations I crave during our summer getogethers. But I digress.
The Good Lord smiled on Lynden yesterday, or at least yesterday afternoon. The sun was back. Warm. Harmful rays armed and ready. So what did the summer cherubs and I do yesterday to commemorate the return of such a beautiful thing?
We went to the bay, of course. My home away from home. The summer hot-spot that makes my heart soar with the eagle's nest. Sorry. Lame attempt at a Michael Scott reference. Do you watch The Office? No? Ugh. I feel sorry for you. Talk about making your heart soar. And your belly ache from laughing so hard. Anywaaaaaay....we went to the bay. And it was great. And I spent the afternoon coveting, yet again, thy friend's beach house.
And though most of our snowcone melted straight through the bottom of the flimsy, paper cone and gave the parking lot in front a nice, sticky finish, we didn't care. We had other things to worry about.
Like a much needed snooze.
Summertime is exhausting.
Oo "thy friend" I like it!
ReplyDelete