2. Stoney Ridge Farm, oh how I love thee. It's like the Disneyland of Whatcom County. The cherubs and I visited the farm with a ridge that is stoney on Friday afternoon. The Lord, in all His infinite wisdom, gave us a break in the rain for those 2 1/2 hours of educational chaos.

My boys in their rubber boots. It's all about being prepared for the worst, people. We came dressed for the worst rain/snow storm to hit Whatcom County in 200 years.
Just look at that face. If he was a fish, we'd call him a keeper. Well, I guess he still is a keeper since he's a human and....ok. Moving on...
This picture cracks me up. Cutie Patootie on the left was so excited to be the lady. Seriously. A keeper.
How tall this fall??? I'm glad it's measuring height and not width. That kind of measurement every year would only depress me.
Charlie Brown's giant pumpkin. Or maybe it's Jon Van Hulzen's? Such a sense of pride I have to know that MY friend grew Whatcom County's largest pumpkin this year. Check that off your bucket list, Jon.
Oh, be still my heart. Look at the face of the cherubs above and below. I just want to squeeze them. 

Dog pile in the pumpkin patch! My deepest apologies to the nugget on the bottom of the pile who I fear may have actually blacked out and had a conversation with Jesus before being released from the weight of 19 other cherubs on his shoulders. Poor thing. Remember the days of class pictures when everyone stood in two nice rows and all smiled nicely for the camera? Those days are over. Don't ask me who the hot mess is in the middle. I've never seen that woman before. And she clearly has no vertical.
3. I want a new camera. Notice MOTHER, that I didn't say, I need a new camera. There has been growth here, friends. My mother has been waiting a long time for me, her first born and apple of her eye, to finally recognize the difference between a want and a need. But now I digress. Because I want a new camera. I'm so over this whole point and shoot thing. I want one of these-

My gal pal, Wendi, took some of the Stoney Ridge Farm pictures you saw up above with one of these bad boys. Wondering what pictures she took? Just look for the good ones. Those would be her's. Ugh. I can hardly stand to look at my own anymore. Thou shalt not envy...thou shalt not envy...
4. Kaydrian. The light of my life. The apple of my eye. The reason I'm leaving Whatcom County 72 hours before my habitual Monday morning Christmas departure.
Just look at him. I think I just died a little. I wish the picture was more clear, but then we'd have a massive increase in heart failure as you, my faithful readers, would all simply die from his cuteness. Who's the cutest little Dutch baby I know?!? Kaydrian!
Those cheeks. Just like Auntie. 5. Pro-Cert. Short for Professional Certification. See also thorn in my side. I'm a slave to pro-cert until May 7 at which point I will be hosting the largest Siente de Mayo party EVER. At least I'm not alone in my sufferings. Seven other poor schmucks that I work with are stuck in the same boat. Adrift in the sea of ridiculous Washington state requirements.
6. And because my blogger friend, Julie, has inspired me with all her infamous lists, I'll leave you with this:
Today I will:
1. Run to Rite-Aid and pick up another bottle of Zyrtec. Oh, sweet release.
2. Catch up on my required reading for Pro-Cert.
3. Attempt to catch up on shows on my DVR while I correct reading tests.
4. Call my mom.
5. Go to bed early.
Happy Tuesday!
Okay -- that nephew of yours IS super cute!! As much as I like Swagger, Baby K supercedes him...
ReplyDeleteAuntie privileges include unlimited spoilage... Enjoy, Enjoy!!
PS...Don't you NEED a camera to record the history of your nephew's life??
ReplyDeleteI think you've crossed over...
Oh dear Emily, SOOOO glad you said you wanted a Nikon b/c your gal pal Wendi uses a Pentax and although her photos are to die for and fantastic, a shiny new Nikon would suite you wayyyy better! :) I do think you're new nephew is pretty sweet, too!
ReplyDeleteVery nice pictures! I was going to say the exact same thing as Becky- Go NIKON! Oh yeah, I added a few of Nick's pictures to your Snapfish album. :)
ReplyDelete