Saturday, March 19, 2011

Best. Day. Ever.

As if anything besides the opportunity to sleep in could make my Saturday a great one...today was a triple threat.

#1. Sleep in. Check.

#2. Spa day with the girls!

Now, I'm no stranger to a massage. I get them quite regularly. But today....

Oh. My. Gosh.

Today was the full spa experience. At The Chrysalis. For those of you "out of state" people, The Chrysalis is THE place to go for a complete, head-to-toe spa experience.

Just look at this picture-

See what I mean. I was sold as soon as I saw the white robe. In my assigned locker. Leslie, however, wasn't. She got stuck with a mini-youth robe. Poor girl. Good for a laugh, though. Love you, Les!

#3. Just when I thought my day couldn't get any better...after all, I got to sleep in, got an eyebrow wax, which essentially is the equivalent to a face lift, AND I had a deep tissue full-body massage. By a man. And it was GLOR-I-OUS. But I digress.

I came home, resembling a wet noodle, and quickly stopped to grab my mail. And there it was. A yellow envelope from the Washington Superintendent of Public Instruction.

And inside....was.....this...

PRAISE. THE. LORD.

I, Ghetto Barbie, am now a CERTIFIED special education teacher in the state of Washington. Which is funny, because I don't teach special education, but that's ok. Because I HAVE a teaching license. And that means only one thing: Pro-Cert Schmo-Cert will NOT be a waste of my blood, sweat and tears.

And now if you'll excuse me, I need to work on Pro-Cert Schmo-Cert.

Newly Certified in the Evergreen State,
Ghetto Barbie

3 comments:

  1. Hey, you don't happen to know anything about a "ReBound" thing do you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for not mentioning the actual size of our robes that we thought fit SO well. I'm so glad Leslie got assigned to the petite side of the locker room while we got the big girl side. She rocks the micro-mini.

    Yay for you with your fancy certificate! Wahoo!

    Let's do spa day again soon... minus burn-victim facial problems this time. :)

    ReplyDelete