And low and behold, the sun decided to make an appearance for our nation's birthday. It's about time.
Random Rundown:
1. A friend of mine and I went beach combing at Semiahmoo today. And 14 pieces of sea glass later, I'm a very happy camper. I've discovered that beach combing is extremely therapeutic. Or maybe it's just the good conversation with a good friend. I'll go with the latter.
2. Kids have it so good. They play hard, eat, and sleep. Everyday it's the same thing. They don't have the worries of paying bills, keeping the house stocked with toilet paper and laundry detergent, making crucial decisions regarding education, health, and locations for family vacations. And because that's not enough, kids get to partake in the fun of the town library's summer reading program. Well, the tide is changing, my friends. There is now an ADULT summer reading program at the Lynden Library. I know! Doesn't it just blow your mind! I was like a kid in a candy store the other day as I was stocking up on "Summer Reading Pile of Novels" #2. As I finish each book, I simply write my name and the title of the book on a provided form, slip it in the box, and patiently await for one of the library ladies to pick out my name at the end of the summer and gift me with a well-deserved prize. Like a book of my choosing. Or a SERIES of my choosing. Or an opportunity to meet my favorite author at the local Starbucks! Hmmmm...not sure who I would choose, but having the choice ALONE is worth my name in the paper. I actually have no idea what the prize is. I'm sure the friendly library lady mentioned it, but she lost me at "Have you heard of our adult reading program?" I didn't hear anything after that. Come to think of it, I shouldn't even be mentioning this. The more people that I manage to keep in the dark about this, the better my chances become. Hmmmm....
3. The nanny cherubs are on vacation next week, so Nanny Em has the week off. And I have BIG plans. HUGE, I tell you! I should really write all of my plans down for fear of forgetting something. So far, here's my plan-
1. Sleep in
That's it. That's all I've got. But more will be added soon, I'm sure. I do need to add "Take a nap", however, I'm not exactly sure where to fit it in! The humanity! Yet another crucial choice that a child wouldn't have to make. Mostly because when it's nap time, they don't have a choice, but you get my drift.
4. Happy Birthday today to my brother, Adam! (And a belated HaPpY BiRtHdAy on June 24 to my brother, Phil!) So sorry buddy. But I did call. And I can't help it. I'm an early person stuck in a late person's body. I've been stuck FOR. YEARS.
And last, but certainly not least,
5. Phabulous Photo from "My Past" #2:
Happy Weekend! Woot Woot!
No comments:
Post a Comment