That was a memorable day, though.
I waited. And I waited. And I waited some more.
My beloved mother called the school to see if bus #16th street was already back at school.
Yep.
Crap Bag.
My mother had a blonde toddler running around the house in his diaper and a newborn still sleeping in his crib upstairs. So, Rock Valley Elementary School sent the secretary to house #23 on bus #16th street's route to pick up that poor lil' Kooistra girl who was left behind. I think I was in kindergarten. And CLEARLY I am over it.
Let's move on to a different year, shall we?
Here's yours truly waiting for the bus that would take her to first grade.

I look so happy.
It must be the long hair that mom let me grow back.
Or maybe it's my new pink fall jacket.
Or maybe it's the 6 1/2 hours of freedom from the lil' blondie waiting on the other side of the door that is in my near future.
Whatever the reason, I was a happy camper.
Happy Hot Weekend!
I had forgotten about the day the bus forgot you. O my.......
ReplyDeleteMom