Sunday, October 30, 2011

I'd love to, but...

Weekend list...

1. Watch World Series Game 7. Not nearly as exciting as Game 6.
2. Head out to watch a movie with friends.
3. Fall asleep a third of the way through the movie with friends.
4. Go home.
5. Continue the REMs.
6. Sleep WAY in on Saturday morning. It was nearly Saturday afternoon by the time I dragged my sorry behind out of my cozy heaven.
7. Lay on the couch.
8. Think about being productive.
9. Continue to lay on the couch and watch last week's episode of Amazing Race.
10. Throw a load of laundry in.
11. Lay on the couch and watch Tuesday night's episode of NCIS.
12. Drool over Very Special Agent Anthony DiNozzo's chiseled good looks.
13. Move a load of laundry from the washer to the drier.
14. Throw a load of towels in the washer.
15. Return to the couch and finish the episode of NCIS.
16. Call my mom
17. Realize the time is now 4:30 in the afternoon and all I've done all day is two loads of laundry.
18. Criticize my lack of drive and passion to get anything productive done on my first free Saturday at home in weeks.
19. Criticize myself for criticizing myself for my lack of drive and passion to get anything productive done on my first free Saturday at home in weeks.
20. Convince myself very quickly that sometimes it's OK to take a day and do absolutely nothing except lay on the couch in jammies with a tousled pony tail all day long.
21. Switch out the laundry again.
22. Watch Monday night's episode of Hawaii Five-0.
23. Nearly faint dead away when Alex O'Loughlin opens the episode with no shirt on.
24. Decide the towels can wait until tomorrow to be folded. After all, I'm terribly busy.
25. Realize the time is now 5:30 p.m.
26. Take a shower.
27. Rejoice that I'm watching a movie with one of my best gal-pals and, therefore, have no reason to blowdry and do my hair.
28. Leave the house in yoga pants, a hoodie, and wet hair.
29. Have a great time.

And now I leave you with two of my favorite posters discovered on Pinterest. I think the first one sums up my weekend quite nicely -

So. True.

And then there's this doozy of a truth -


I hope you all enjoyed as wonderful of a weekend as I did.

Off to fold yesterday's towels,

Ghetto Barbie

No comments:

Post a Comment