Monday, January 28, 2013

Always the wedding singer, never the bride

1. Dear every writer in Hollywood,

STOP KILLING PEOPLE ON MY FAVORITE SHOWS.

Mourning in a Monsoon,

Emily

I had finally come to grips with the deaths on NCIS and then BAM! Another death. I won't say what show, because I don't want to be a death ruiner, but let's just say I'm in all black. Again. Mourning. I cannot handle this chain of events. All of my fictional friends are leaving me.

2. It's B.E.A.R. Week at school. Bring on the book alerts! Last year, I was knee deep in the Hunger Games series, so I craved book alerts like a model craves a cheeseburger. This year, I'm not in the middle of a series, however, I've started a gem. It's called "Mennonite in a Little Black Dress: A Memoir of Going Home". I'm only one chapter in, but already my cherubs have asked me what's so funny. You know it's a good book when you're laughing out loud one chapter in. Friday is book character dress up day. Stay tuned. I've got plans. BIG plans.

3. My boyfriend


Yep. He's a singer. Muscles AND a voice?! Glory be. I can hardly contain myself. This was taken three years ago at my cousin Leslie's wedding. And yes, this was back in Sean's offensive lineman days. I, always the wedding singer never the bride, was asked to sing, because that's what I do. Having become fan favorites at Bobby Lee's with our karaoke rendition of Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You", it was a no brainer, really, who would be singing with me. My brother, Phil, is still mad at me. He thinks because we sang together ONE time in college that we should be the next Donny and Marie Osmond.

Looking forward to watching girls get knocked out at the roller-derby tonight! I'm not going to say they don't deserve it. Hussies.

xoxo
E

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the new heading!!
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you and Sean sing beautifully together, wish I could have heard that. Maybe next time he comes to visit you can give me a shout and I can have a listen :) He certainly was beefy back then huh :)
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved that book! I am a Mennonite and i was just howling with laughter as i read it... it brought back so many memories! I think I'm going to read it again... thanks for reminding me!

    Shar

    ReplyDelete