1. I am obsessed with the show "Dr.Quinn Medicine Woman". Obsessed to the point of having a sickness. I never missed an episode while it was on the air, I was a member of the fan club, I own the seasons on DVD, I can give you a detailed synopsis of every episode, as well as quote most dialogue between Dr. Mike and Sully. Not. Even. Kidding. And I just now realized while typing this that I have a serious problem. But I love it. ;0)
2. I love football. High school, college, NFL - I love it all. I suffer from a slight case of depression the first month after the Super Bowl, because I miss the game so much.
3. My ideal Friday night consists of scrubs and a sweatshirt, a good movie, and a glass of wine.
4. My mom is my best friend.
5. I love to clean. I find it very therapeutic. My friends think I'm borderline OCD.
6. If I were to be stranded on a deserted island and could take only one thing, I would take a tube of Mary Kay lip balm. I can NOT handle having chapped lips.
7. I purposely choose the longest line at the grocery store so I can read all the good tabloid magazines while I wait.
8. I love white chocolate mochas from Muddy Waters.
9. I can no longer live without my DVR. OK, so that's a little extreme, but I love it! Whoever thought up that idea is a GENIUS!!
10. I love to be pampered. I have no guilt spending money on massages and regular pedicures.
11. In high school, I once dug through a dumpster at the Pizza Ranch to find my retainer that I accidently threw away while working the night before. I found it, and then bleached the bejeezus out of the thing!
12. I am deathly afraid of heights. Even ladders scare me.
13. I will never compromise my faith for anything!.
14. When I was very little, I needed to wear braces on my legs because I walked pigeon toed. That's right, I was Forrest Gump. Run, Emily, Run! Well, actually, I couldn't run b/c my mom put my shoes on the wrong feet to help correct the problem (via doctor's instructions). Apparently, she used to be judged at the grocery store; as if she didn't know her 15 month old daughter had her shoes on the wrong feet. Poor mommy.
15. I am NOT an animal lover. They're cute, but they're cuter when they belong to other people.
16. I've met Alec Baldwin. I have the picture to prove it.
17. I absolutely love to go Christmas shopping.
18. I have a phobia of having other people in my sheets. Weird, I know, but it's true. In college, my guy friends thought it would be REALLY funny to sneak in when I was gone and take pictures of themselves in my bed. So gross.
19. I spent my summers during college in East Hampton, NY as a nanny for the best kids EVER! I miss them everyday.
20. I love to sleep. I can sleep 12 straight hours, no problem.
21. Contrary to popular belief, I am NOT athletic. I do not have a single athletic bone in my body. Looks can be deceiving, people!
22. I am a neat freak, both in my apartment and my classroom. Everything has it's place, posters and pictures hung at 90 degree angles, clothes arranged by color, kitchen cupboards look like a picture out of a Pottery Barn magazine. Again, borderline OCD.
23. I could stand in Hallmark for HOURS and laugh out loud while reading cards.
24. My shopping weaknesses are shoes and handbags.
25. I LOVE my job. I get to experience the world again through the eyes of an eight year old.
26. My students have taught me to have a child-like faith.
27. My brother, Adam, is the funniest person I know, hands down. He could do a walk-on on Saturday Night Live and save that show. Not kidding.
28. The best trip I've ever taken was to Eastern Europe over Spring Break my senior year of college. Choir tour through the Czech Republic and Austria, singing in some of the most beautiful cathedrals in the world, and also a visit to Poland to visit the Auschwitz death camp. An incredibly sombering and horrifying experience that I cannot put into words.
29. I love to play Super Nintendo. Mario Brothers 3 is the best! ;o)
30. I love Jesus Christ with all my heart. He truly is mighty to save.
You never cease to amaze me. Dr. Quinn? Really? I never would have guessed. Must be the buckskin. :)
ReplyDeletelove your list!!!
ReplyDeletecuz we all know how I LOVE LISTS!!!
i think you're going to need to deal with #18...don't know how that future husband of yours is going to like sleeping on the couch. plus, you want babies someday, right???? :)
I'll be your student. I want to learn how to go for a massage and pedicure without guilt. Show me the way!
ReplyDeleteNice list.
I always wanted to look like Dr Quinn. Weird.
ReplyDeleteMy ideal Friday night is pretty close to yours... although not the wine... I would prefer a beer...
ReplyDelete