
One year ago today, my Grandpa Kooistra went home to be with his Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. It's hard to believe it's been a year already. It seems like just yesterday we gathered together as a family; aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends, to lay Grandpa to rest next to Grandma, mourning, yet celebrating the 90 years he spent on this earth. And as many tears as there were, there were double the laughs as we all reminisced the countless stories about Grandpa. He lived quite the legacy; his hard work ethic, his quick wit and sense of humor, and his quiet, yet unwavering faith in his Savior. He is missed every day, but what a blessing he has left us. Faith, family, and the forever voice in our heads to avoid "undesirables". I love you, Grandpa!
"For I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that I am able, to keep that which I've committed, unto him against that day."
Aunt Linda is on the phone with my dad right now, trying to figure out how to post on here! I can't believe it's already been a year! Reading this makes me laugh and tear up at the same time. Grandpa is definitely missed but we know he's in a better place now! We will always have Grandpa stories to share, and we all know we love those! :)
ReplyDeleteLove the picture too
-Leslie
em...
ReplyDeleteyour grandpa sounded like a wonderful man. i bet him and my dear grandpa are sitting around having coffee together. it sounds like they would have liked each other. :)
the picture of him is awesome!!!
thanks for sharing!
Hey Em,
ReplyDeleteI will never forget after your Grandpa's furneral my Grandpa Jack said he hope that his furneal would be as much fun, only the Kooistras and Kooimas would understand what that means. It is amazing how time keeps going on and everyday we do miss and think about them. I only hope and pray thought my kids get those same experiances with there grandpas you kind forget how special they are intil they are gone. We will be thinking bout you. Love ya Heidi